Quantcast

2001 called...it wants its bike back...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
but I don't care :cupidarrow:

The rear fender needs a little trimming, but I may keep it that length for better protection.

Yeah it's heavy, but yeah, I don't race. Hopey should be coming soon. Notice the non-matching white on the fenders....don't buy white THE fenders...get clear and paint them yourself, if that's the color you want :disgust:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Seriously, where is the engine? Things dope! If you get a chance, you should 'down-grade' to the TMX from the Big-Link you have there.

Oh yeah. Whats the weight? 60lbs?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
silly ape.

it's a racelink. those are 24s weight is probably in the low 50s, but i haven't weighed it.
d'oh!

Sikocycles had a big link that weighed at least 70+ lbs back in the day. We rode Diablo and some how got lost on the backside, and had to pedal back. He tried to take a shortcut and put the bike over a fence, but had to ask for help because it was so unwieldly. haha, it was funny then too

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I bought the bike used, and it came with the wheels. Nobody wants to buy 24s, so I figured I'd ride them. Plus, the bike came with about 12 near new 24" tires. I just can't justify selling 12 new tires and two new wheels for $200. So, I'll leave them on there until I wear them out or get 26s.
The nokians are plattekill only, wet weather only. I know they're overkill, but there's so much traction, it makes it worth it. I rode them in the snow there last year, and I seemed to be the only person that had traction. Like I said, they're practically brand new...can't let em go to waste.

The fenders are for early/late season wet weather riding...i don't intend to leave them on when they're not necessary. I just wanted to snap a pic of the bike because the fenders really complete the old school, plattekill feel.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
12 new tires - I guess somebody had plan a lot of riding and the Nokian takes a long time to wear down.

Lower weight is not a trend. I have certified weak arms and my 2001 Kona Stab Primo was a beast so I just have more fun and can ride for more hours on my 41lbs Sunday (not a comment that the RL isn't perfect for you).

Good luck with the bike in 2007.

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
that thing looks pretty clean. i bet it's fun. sweet bike!
in 2001, i was on a bullit with a 5"Z1QR20. that was a good year for riding!

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
nice bike, your rear fender should be more in line with the wheel and not sticking straight up as it is.

24"x3 is about the same size as a 26"x2.3