Quantcast

2001 M1 & Michi 2.8?

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
I don't know how to ask this question without sounding like a dork, and I am probably gonna get a bunch of gripe for even asking.

For all the monkies who are gonna give me crap over asking this question, tread carefully...cause I can be really mean over the internet. I mean really, really mean. :D

I am making a trip to Snowshoe Labor Day weekend and was thinking about putting Mich 2.8's front and rear cause the tires just work great there. But before I get out the metal tire levers and bust my knuckles, I thought I would ask to see if anyone here has tried to fit them, cause it is a royal PITA.

Anyone?

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
If it's dry, the Comp 24.1 also works really well as a rear tire there and should have less fitment problems. If it's wet, the Comp 16s are tough to beat as they roll better than a full-on mud tire. I've run the C32 in the rear on my DHR and always felt like it made the bike sluggish.

//me deposits $0.02

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
It definatly will feel slugish, but I don't do a whole lot of pedaling at Snowshoe anyway. For me they work great in rock gardens, and that will be what I will be riding for 3 days, so the bigger the better.