Quantcast

2002 Marzocchi Z1 FR ECC problem

JK

Chimp
May 26, 2002
Oahu, Hawaii
My ECC was working fine until recently I noticed after a steep climb that the fork was back to its normal (unlocked) postion. I turned the lever to the 'lock' position, compressed the fork, and within a few seconds the fork started to creep back up. Can this problem be fixed by a local bike shop or do I need to send the fork back to Marzocchi? I've had this fork for 6 months.

KonaDude

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada.
Originally posted by Stitch
My ECC was working fine until recently I noticed after a steep climb that the fork was back to its normal (unlocked) postion. I turned the lever to the 'lock' position, compressed the fork, and within a few seconds the fork started to creep back up. Can this problem be fixed by a local bike shop or do I need to send the fork back to Marzocchi? I've had this fork for 6 months.
Make sure the knob is turned ALL THE WAY. IF it isn't, sometimes it's sensitive to that kind of slight change and may stay slightly open. If you're sure this isn't the problem, it's time to send it to Marzocchi. Bike shops won't usually keep the parts in stock, as for some reason catalog prices for the parts are insane.

kafin8ed

Devil Goat Boy
Aug 12, 2001
Woodland Hills, CA
i am on my 4th ecc cartridge since i first tested some prototypes a few years back. every time i get a new one it's different, i'm hoping the reliability improves eventually but just keep crossing my fingers. they seem to last me on average 6-9 months & i use them regularly on almost every ride.

JK

Chimp
May 26, 2002
Oahu, Hawaii
Originally posted by KonaDude
Make sure the knob is turned ALL THE WAY. IF it isn't, sometimes it's sensitive to that kind of slight change and may stay slightly open. If you're sure this isn't the problem, it's time to send it to Marzocchi. Bike shops won't usually keep the parts in stock, as for some reason catalog prices for the parts are insane.

I checked to make sure and it's definately the ECC that's faulty. I'm gonna wait a few more weeks before I send it back for repair.....I still wanna ride and then take a break! :D

JK

Chimp
May 26, 2002
Oahu, Hawaii
Originally posted by kafin8ed
i am on my 4th ecc cartridge since i first tested some prototypes a few years back. every time i get a new one it's different, i'm hoping the reliability improves eventually but just keep crossing my fingers. they seem to last me on average 6-9 months & i use them regularly on almost every ride.

I use the ECC often too, but if it lasts every 6-9 months, Marz should take a good look at their cartridge and figure out what needs to be done to fix this problem. :rolleyes: