Quantcast

2003 Bullit Sizing

trialsboy50

Monkey
Nov 23, 2004
I'm possibly doing a trade for a Bullit frame, from 2003. Its a large, I'm curious, do Bullits tend to run large or small? I'm about 5'9'-5'10 on most days, and according to SC's website, I'd fall in between a med and large. I plan to do trail riding, urban hucking and maybe get into some downhill trails.

Its a good deal, but I dont want that to take over my decision.

Let me know if I should go for it. I have a rather long torso also.

Byron

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
This topic has come up a few times on here so you might want to search.

I am about 5'9"-10" with shorter legs and I rode a medium for a few years. A large might have worked for trailriding but would have been too big for DH and jumps and such. I find that, in general, if SC says you fall between sizes, you should opt for the smaller one. It also depends on how you like your bike to ride. I like shorter TTs, so medium was definitely better for me.

ckooi

Monkey
Aug 19, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
i am 5' 10" and owned a 03 Bullit for abt 2 yrs. It fits me well, I am using 03 SuperT w/ integrated stem (70mm i think). Ride mainly DH and sometimes trailriding.

I personally would not go for L, good luck!

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
i'm 5'11" and I had a large for a while... well only for about 2 months... the top tube felt great. it was a little long when i was sitting down, but it was nice when i was out of the saddle. as for how tall the bike is, I would say the medium would be a better bet. the standover is very high and the seattube is also very high. I didn't really like the size of my bullit. or how it rode. that's why i sold it. not i'm building up a canfield brothers formula 1. longer top tube, much shorter standover. its going to be sick.

Bullit21

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Socal
Medium all the way. Especially if you want to DJ and DH. I am 5'10" and have been riding the medium for two years.

bc6

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
i am 6' and i am also between the medium and large. i ride a large and its great for me. i would say people shorter than 5 11 should probably be on a medium unless you ride more xc.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
get a medium, I am 6ft and had a medium for 3yrs, just a touch short, but it was nice a short for jumping and trail riding