Quantcast

2006 marzocchi & some stuff

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
what fork is the black dual crown with white lowers? it reminds me of the 04 super T

Sep 10, 2001
static9 said:
that sucks that they made the lowers white on the 888... when i think of 888 the image that comes to mind is ALL BLACK...
Not every 888 will be white... At least not in the US anyway...

Brian

theFOOT

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
nowhere
i like the look of the new 66's its sexy

maybe im stupid, but did they turn the bars so no one would ride the bikes?

AirAddict

Monkey
Jun 10, 2005
Asheville, NC
i really hope that they make a good 100mm or 110mm dirt jump fork that doesn't weigh as much as the rest of my bike. There are few (good) dirt jump choices right now for a short travel dirt jump fork that i would look at... Marz DJ: too heavy. or a sherman jumper: i want 4 inches, not 3.

why can't someone just make a good 4 inch dirt jump fork that is decently light?

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
I'm sad to see the 888s appear to come with a flat crown. Now I can't make fun of all the chopper bikes I see at the races.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
AirAddict said:
i really hope that they make a good 100mm or 110mm dirt jump fork that doesn't weigh as much as the rest of my bike. There are few (good) dirt jump choices right now for a short travel dirt jump fork that i would look at... Marz DJ: too heavy. or a sherman jumper: i want 4 inches, not 3.

why can't someone just make a good 4 inch dirt jump fork that is decently light?
the dj forks arent that heavy... it only feels heavy if your a weak noodle armed kid

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
dirtjumpP.1 said:
the dj forks arent that heavy... it only feels heavy if your a weak noodle armed kid
There's just no need for them to be that heavy. With a bit of thought and decent engineering they could be just as strong and shed a couple of pounds. You must admit it is quite annoying to have a 6-7lb frame and a 5-6lb fork! They're only a couple pounds lighter than a full on DH fork.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Dogboy said:
Curious why you guys think this? Hope users?
It's just another component. If you build up a lot of bikes and go from 6 to 8" rotors a lot I can see how it saves a bit of cash, but I'd rather have the simplicity.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Changleen said:
There's just no need for them to be that heavy. With a bit of thought and decent engineering they could be just as strong and shed a couple of pounds. You must admit it is quite annoying to have a 6-7lb frame and a 5-6lb fork! They're only a couple pounds lighter than a full on DH fork.
They were engineered so that any kid could run them into the backside of any landing and ride them again as soon as they got out of the hospital, good as new. I guess that they made them way overbuilt for this last couple years (the '03s weren't too heavy) because people were getting lots of bushing play and broken forks after beating the piss out of them from jumping doubles and stairs and whatnot.

meatboot

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Chapel Hell
Dogboy said:
Curious why you guys think this? Hope users?
Because with IS the threads are in the $20 adapter not the $800 fork. With IS if you have to drop the caliper off the fork (to bleed or stuff your bike in a box) you can just unbolt and rebolt the adapter without having to readjust your brakes when you put it back on. This is especially true when running Avids; with post mounts you have to keep track of all those little conical washers. When you build up the worlds most problematic bike, which came with crooked threads in one of the posts, requiring chasing and "facing" with a file (since disk tab facers only work on IS), and needed to be bleed multiple times, as well as crammed in a box with a bike rack, pump, Dainese, and Camelbak, you too will see the wisdom of IS mounts. Run on sentences are great.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
theFOOT said:
maybe im stupid, but did they turn the bars so no one would ride the bikes?
You can load more bikes in a truck by lining up the bars parallel with the wheels (handlebars don't hit the frames next to them).

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
meatboot said:
Because with IS the threads are in the $20 adapter not the $800 fork. With IS if you have to drop the caliper off the fork (to bleed or stuff your bike in a box) you can just unbolt and rebolt the adapter without having to readjust your brakes when you put it back on. This is especially true when running Avids; with post mounts you have to keep track of all those little conical washers. When you build up the worlds most problematic bike, which came with crooked threads in one of the posts, requiring chasing and "facing" with a file (since disk tab facers only work on IS), and needed to be bleed multiple times, as well as crammed in a box with a bike rack, pump, Dainese, and Camelbak, you too will see the wisdom of IS mounts. Run on sentences are great.
I don't believe a word of this nonsense. :evil:

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
Downhiller said:
does someone know anything about marzzo Monster series ??

i hope that in 2006 will be super monster or any other fork with 300mm travel :)
your loony if you think they are going to make a fork with more than 8in, nobody need it, expecially not you!!! :p

Sep 10, 2001
Carbon Fetish said:
Great... now Ridemonkey is going to get another hate filled e-mail about how this photos leaked on the site, and how we've ruined Marzocchi again. ugh.

From last year...
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79132&highlight=marzocchi+2005+photos
Last years blow up was because somebody (Not RM) posted information clearly marked confidential. Then somebody posted the link on RM which got RM involved..

These 06 photos are from our 06 press intro... Nobody is going to get any hate mail from them..

Brian