Quantcast

2006 Specialized P.3 Components spec ?

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm going to be buyin an 06 p.3 and was wondering the pros/cons of the components. How are the brakes, forks, wheels, and tires specifically? What is the exact weight? I'm aiming to race this 4 cross along with dj and urban riding. I'm probably going to try and hook up the wheels with stan's. Any word on stan's with high pressure tires? (65 psi and up)

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
i traded a fork for the DJ urban off the 06 P3 and i liked it. I thought it was kinda weird at first, but once it breaks in, and you keep the air in it...its a nice fork. The sram components that come on the bike...X7/X9...is really good. Way better than shimano, as it shifts smoother and stays in tune longer when jumping and thrashing. over all the P3 is a nice bike, and the new geometry is trick friendly unlike the previous model. Oh ya, and the wheels are really sweet too. burly.

static9

Chimp
Jun 17, 2004
Santa Cruz, Ca
i disagree. i think the fork on the p.3 feels terrible. not a good choice for the bike on the part of specialized. everyone i know has already swapped it out for something else. besides that, the bike is spec'd pretty well.

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
why does the fork feel horrible? can you get stiffer springs for it? is the rebound damping effective even when there's a lot of air in it?

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
since you cant get different springs for the 2006 marzocchi dirt jumper urban, i would suggest swapping it out if you are over 150 pounds. If you are under 150 pounds, the dual air should hold you just fine, and should work really well. I have ridden it for street, dirt jump, and even some free ride...and the fork works awesome. but..the guy who bought the 06 P3 from the shop i work at was around 200 pounds, and he opted to trade me for my firefly 90-130mm fork, with stiff springs, and that fork works AWESOME on that bike...being adjustable for street or freeride...or whatever you want to do.

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
aah man, when the guy bought it we called marzocchi direct, and they had a bunch of excuses, but no springs...so i dont know..either they arent available, or you will wait a long time to get them.