Quantcast

2007 Chevy Silverado

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Yup.

I really don't like much of anything that the big 3 are putting out there, especially all the cloned muscle cars.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Slugman said:
Yup.

I really don't like much of anything that the big 3 are putting out there, especially all the cloned muscle cars.
Dodge and Ford trucks look great. What do you like better?

Holy crap, that Chevy is ugly. More great work by GM. :rolleyes:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
BeerDemon said:
Dodge and Ford trucks look great. What do you like better?

Holy crap, that Chevy is ugly. More great work by GM. :rolleyes:
Their trucks arn't as bad... but still nothing that really interest me.

I like Nissan and Toyota.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Toshi said:
hmm, it reminds me more of the infiniti qx56

I realy do think thats the worst looking 'truck' on the road. How crap like that gets off the drawing board never ceases to amaze me.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
atrokz said:
I realy do think thats the worst looking 'truck' on the road. How crap like that gets off the drawing board never ceases to amaze me.
Be nice, JustSomeGhey drives one!

This truck=GM death knell. It's like they're slashing their wrists or something... :p

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
partsbara said:
4 biatch... hey, at least it s not a jeep with SQUARE headlights
You're lucky. Youd've been in for quite the taunting.
As for jeeps, does headlight shape matter? It'd do a helluva lot better off the road than that dodge would, plus it cost me 3k. I bet you paid 20 for that.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
BurlyShirley said:
You're lucky. Youd've been in for quite the taunting.
As for jeeps, does headlight shape matter? It'd do a helluva lot better off the road than that dodge would, plus it cost me 3k. I bet you paid 20 for that.
9K... guy wanted 10 500, but he has 6 kids (one set of triplets) so i jumped on an opportunity to take it for a good price... plus it had a rebuilt rear end / rear wheel allign / wheel bearings put in before i bought it... that alone cost him 1150...

i wouldn t buy one in 2wd... pointless for me...

sure, your jeep would do better off road, but i can live with that... we owned a 99 wrangler (6 cyl) - tell me you don t have a 4... it was good, but the ride was rough as shiat... drove it from SLC to omaha in a single stretch... got out 15 or 16 hours later and i could hardly move... i know, it d make ya cry :rofl:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
maxyedor said:
All that modern styling, yet it still has leaf springs and drum brakes:nonono:

Funny side note GM used to put disks on all 4 corners of their trucks, they actually switched BACK to drums, morons.

hmm.. replacing drum brake shoes takes more time and skill = more money for the dealers and less diy friendly.

might be one among many other reasons....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wow, that is ugly, I like the older Chevy's myself. '02 is about the last good year for trucks in general.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
partsbara said:
9K... guy wanted 10 500, but he has 6 kids (one set of triplets) so i jumped on an opportunity to take it for a good price... plus it had a rebuilt rear end / rear wheel allign / wheel bearings put in before i bought it... that alone cost him 1150...

i wouldn t buy one in 2wd... pointless for me...

sure, your jeep would do better off road, but i can live with that... we owned a 99 wrangler (6 cyl) - tell me you don t have a 4... it was good, but the ride was rough as shiat... drove it from SLC to omaha in a single stretch... got out 15 or 16 hours later and i could hardly move... i know, it d make ya cry :rofl:
I now have a Cherokee 4x4 with the 6, but my wrangler (93) had only the 4. Was great for getting me around the island w/out a ton in gas, and its not like you need much power on Oahu. 55 is the highest speed limit on the island. But it also rode rough as hell.

I am probably going to buy a 00-02 model Frontier this winter. Hopefully full cab.

I will keep the jeep for crashing into stuff.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ALEXIS_DH said:
hmm.. replacing drum brake shoes takes more time and skill = more money for the dealers and less diy friendly.

might be one among many other reasons....
also doesn't require an extra drum brake just for the parking brake

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
partsbara said:
p1ss on gm , chevy et al :rolleyes:

my dodge ownz....

15 mpg - because i can....

i got 21mpg in my V6 4x4 auto Tacoma, going 80mph driving from Austin to Dallas. that was with hefty load, too. i was impressed.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Toshi said:
also doesn't require an extra drum brake just for the parking brake
No, it just requires a cable to actuate a cam that splits the pads, and brakes the truck. That system has been the same for years. My Rover on the other hand has a seperate drum for the parking brake, and disks everywhere else. The drum brake is a very good design, not many people know this but they can stop much better than an equivilent quality disc. The killer is that they heat and fade really bad, they are harder to work on, and they suck in wet weather. For parking brakes they are ideal tho. Come to think of it GM disks are shiat too, and impossible to work on. Why won't GM just go out of buiseness? WHY?