Quantcast

2007 Diablo Domination Series FINAL ROUND

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey

Online registration for ROUND 5 of the Diablo Domination Series is now open! [click here]

This upcoming weekend, Diablo Freeride Park is the proud host of the Final Round of the 5-event 2007 Domination Series. On October 21st, over $5,000 in cash and prizes are at stake in addition to valuable Domination Series championship points.

Undefeated in the 2007 Domination Series, World Cup veteran Jurgen Beneke is poised to capture the prestigious men’s pro Domination Series title and a lofty $1,500 cash bonus. In the amateur point’s race, New England standout Zach Faulkner is leading the series and a top-podium finish in the final race will guarantee him the coveted amateur title and a brand new Iron Horse Sunday ‘Elite’ prize package.

After the dust settles, and series champions are crowned, the 2007 Diablo Domination Series will have awarded nearly $50,000 in cash and prizes making this grass roots series the richest on the east coast. For more information including online registration and event schedules, please visit www.ridediablo.com .

Current Series Standings:

PRO Men Points
1. Jurgen Beneke 1000
2. Jason Memmelaar 765
3. George Ryan 620

PRO Women Points
1. Karen Eagan 950
2. Alexis Wruble 875
3. Joanna Petterson 250

AMATEUR Men Points
1. Zach Faulkner 795
2. Phillip Kmetz 720
3. Geoff Ulmer 640

AMATEUR Women Points
1. Bonnie Chapman 775
2. Francesca Turturro 765
3. Isabel Georgian 750

COURSE PROFILE

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
did jurgen design that course?? all that wide open with some off camber slope for half the course?? It will be fast.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
no, frogpond is the small trail that is right before the USO berms. After victory, instead of turning left after the shed if you go a little right your onto frogpond.

I see what you meant by oldschool DH, big flat corners. awesome.

also, such an old satelite picture, still got a baseball diamond at the bottom

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
The only bridge on Waterboy that will be in the course is the 'downsloping' bridge near the end... Not to worry, we are widening it this week to make it a little more speed and 'race-friendly'.
Will you bring them back to normal size after the race? The fun of Waterboy is flying over sketchy bridges at full speed, knowing that if you slip off it's going to hurt...bad. It keeps you on your toes.

Rob Munro

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Will the USO berms be part of the course & also will there be a go-around for the RTN drop?
don't know about the berms, but there is a go-around for RTN. you end up riding just to the right of the bridge and rolling down the landing. but it is pretty slow. if you hit the drop you'll save a couple seconds.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
is retreat the same start as 2 races ago? and is careless whisper the one with bridges?

The skinny bridges on careless whisper won't be in the course, its going off RTN which is before them. Why can't people just wait to see the course Saturday?

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
I have to agree with all that are affraid of doing RTN drop. I have done it several times but it actually took me my second trip to drop that one. I can't explain what it was because I have dropped twice that far without second guessing but this one just didn't look appealing the first time I saw it. Could have been because the first time I approached it it was raining and that damn rock look really slick, but even when it was dry I had to walk to the end and think about it for a few seconds.