Quantcast

2007 Dodge Caliber

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
the Inbred said:
aren't most vehicles "american" these days?
exactly! Honda -Ohio,Nissan- Mississippi,Mitsubishi Illinois & Subaru - Indiana, and these are just the plants that I have physically seen in my travels, I am sure there are others....

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
robdamanii said:
True, however after the Ford I owned, I swore I'd never drive an american car again.

Actually, after the Acura Legend I had, I wasn't too thrilled with Honda either....
and is Chrysler really american anymore considering their owned By Mercedes? there are lots of MB parts on new Chyslers & Dodges...

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
MunkeeHucker said:
and is Chrysler really american anymore considering their owned By Mercedes? there are lots of MB parts on new Chyslers & Dodges...
True enough. Though I know a few people who are distinctly dissatisfied with their newer model MBs. Apparently the quality isn't there anymore, according to them.

*shrug*

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
loco said:
San Antonio is currently building a plant for Toyota Tundras.
Yeah Toyota, choice for that plant speaks volumes, Nuthin'more American than Trucks in Texas.....

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
johnbryanpeters said:
What the christ does it need with 170 HP?

Serious? When I saw 170 I was instantly not impressed.

add about 100 more horse in there and i'd consider it.

Now the turbo 2.4 liter option has my kinda numbers.

J

JRB

Jeremy R said:
So, the new Tundra is coming in a lowrider style.
Sweet.
Dallas has lowriders. Everything in San Antonio is ridiculously lifted.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Don't Drink and Drive but if you do, you can keep your Beer cold and near the driver, check out the Chill Zone feature....

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
MunkeeHucker said:
Don't Drink and Drive but if you do, you can keep your Beer cold and near the driver, check out the Chill Zone feature....

That better damn well be some kind of xtreme soda in there...

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I was eyeing the Caliber as a replacement to the wifes 2003 Xterra, if it get's better mpg that is.........if not we're still planning on a Forrester this fall for her..........

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i've been eyeing Subarus, and originally thought this would be a good substitute, but i'm not getting a good feel for the size. i thought i read one article saying the Caliber would be taking over the Neon's spot, and it was being compared to the Corolla. that makes me think it's going to be a good deal smaller than Subarus wagons.

but that seems like a big gap between the Magnum and a wagon-ized Neon.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
the Inbred said:
i've been eyeing Subarus, and originally thought this would be a good substitute, but i'm not getting a good feel for the size. i thought i read one article saying the Caliber would be taking over the Neon's spot, and it was being compared to the Corolla. that makes me think it's going to be a good deal smaller than Subarus wagons.
The Impreza wagon would probably be more that type of size.

Still - Dodge <<<<< Subaru.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
Jeremy R said:
Add to the fact that it is AWD and heavier, it is gonna accerlerate like a school bus.
I didn't read the article, but what does it weigh? The standard motor in the impreza only pumps out 160-ish and it moves along nicely. Not ludacrous speed or anything but mated w/a manual and they are fun. Hell, my P5 has a buck thrity and it can hold its own. Now, if that car were awd w/ a turbo.............

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
SkaredShtles said:
The Impreza wagon would probably be more that type of size.

Still - Dodge <<<<< Subaru.
are Imprezas that small? i didn't think the difference between the Imp and Forester was that much.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
d.e.f. said:
I didn't read the article, but what does it weigh? The standard motor in the impreza only pumps out 160-ish and it moves along nicely. Not ludacrous speed or anything but mated w/a manual and they are fun. Hell, my P5 has a buck thrity and it can hold its own. Now, if that car were awd w/ a turbo.............
Yeah, I was looking at the car above as more of a mini SUV,
but I guess it more like a Wagon,
If was the size and wieght of an Impreza wagon it would good to go for sure.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I read the articles and its right at 3000 lbs FWD, add 300 for AWD
it should be a little bit bigger than an imprezza, and bigger than the NEON

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
I now have time to read the articles. Interesting. This one looks nice: srt4 Kind of a what an STI wagon would be like if made by Chrysler.

I'm wierd, but I like being able to haul bikes and buddies and still rail through the dragon in the same car. Now an S4 Avant

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Actually a Forrester has "about" as much interior space as a 2003 Xterra........the Foreester is less of course but not by a lot........the Impreza wagon (which I have) is nice, but has less room but a good chunk than the Forrester.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
iLounge is reporting that the car will have an iPod cradle.

The new 2007 Dodge Caliber, which will be launched with a large marketing campaign starting this Sunday, features a built-in cradle and auxiliary stereo input jack designed for the iPod and other devices. While Dodge describes the cradle as an &#8220;MP3/Cell Phone Holder,&#8221; the company clearly shows it being used with a fourth-generation iPod. The rubber-lined holder flips open from the top of the center console armrest to face the driver.

R

richcreek

american made cars aregood because it helps our econmy and gives the us some jobs.

R

richcreek

SkaredShtles said:
You mean like the Toyotas, BMWs, Mazdas, and Mercedes that are built here? :think:
yeah just because the engennering is done overseas it still gives the us some much needed jobs and economy.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Chrysler is about as German as they come nowadays.
The problem with cars is not where they're made, but who designed them. Namely Ford and GM...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
chicodude said:
The problem with cars is not where they're made, but who designed them. Namely accounting and marketing scum at Ford and GM...
Fixed

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
chicodude said:
No, the engineering and the manufacturing is still done in the states. They are doing some platform/supplier sharing with the MB side of the family but they are hardly "as German as they come."

chicodude said:
The problem with cars is not where they're made, but who designed them.
Where they're made is much of the problem, especially if they're made in the US. See the Mercedes Benz ML quality issues thanks to the fine labor in Alabama as just one example...

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
richcreek said:
yeah just because the engennering is done overseas it still gives the us some much needed jobs and economy.
The writing is on the wall with this one.....

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Noticed that someone at work had a Caliber the other day. Seems to be about the same size as a Suburu Outback.