Quantcast

2007 XTR: Images and spec.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Perhaps this is not new to the 07 stuff, but I like the ability to slide the shifter pods l/r to adjust positioning independant of the mounting clamp.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Everything about the new stuff is a step in the right direction, modular non proprietary designs and the stupid brake lever shifting is gone. Not sure what the advantage of the split cassette is

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Westy said:
Everything about the new stuff is a step in the right direction, modular non proprietary designs and the stupid brake lever shifting is gone. Not sure what the advantage of the split cassette is
it's not gone. just more options. can't you ****ing read?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Westy said:
Not sure what the advantage of the split cassette is
You can clean it better?:rolleyes:

I'm pleased with the changes to XTR for '07, seems like they are listening to riders again.
The look is 'unique', I'll give it that:hot:

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
they aren't listening to riders, they're following someone else's footsteps this time around. i think that the cranks and a few other things over the past few years have been good ideas, but they've shown that sram took a good chunk of their mtn bike business.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Looks pretty nice to me... I like the rear cassette and the shifters etc... Don't care about the pedals..

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
Personaly I love the integrated shifting and low normal. Glad to see the new cranks will use the old 4 bolt pattern too. More choices are good and ergonomic adjustability is a great feature. I'll probably be looking at a new XC rig this time next year. Quite likely I'll go full XTR again. I also read somewhere that the new XTR will be around 450 grams lighter than current. That is pretty significant. Perhaps that will drive SRAM to lighten their stuff too.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I'm not surprised that even though the new XTR is shaping up to be incredible the Shimano haters are still hating like it's going out of style.

How can people complain when Shimano is offering something for everyone and compatiblity with existing standards. They now have a 20mm front hub option as well as rapid-rise or normal rear derailleur, standard BCD cranks AND the choice of dual-control or rapidfire plus. All that and they dropped a full pound from the complete gruppo weight. They have implemented EVERYTHING that people complain about but it's still not enough for the few, the proud, the Sram groupies. :rolleyes:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
MtnbikeMike said:
Wait, you tried the new XTR stuff?
Bingo. And nobody has mentioned '07 XTR pricing as of yet but I doubt the shifters will cost MORE than the $250 X.0 units.

I don't see why the component mfg "war" is so polarized. Why do people hate Shimano and love Sram blindly or vise versa? SO far based on my experiences I tend to lean towards Shimano but Sram seems to be stepping it up every year and that's great. I don't feel the need to take sides and I don't understand why others seem to.... :nopity: