Quantcast

2008 Flight of the Pigs!

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
13th Annual Flight of the Pigs Ride, November 28th the day after Thanksgiving. :beerjam:

If there is any interest, I'll post more info.

:monkeydance:

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
You're insane.

I'll sponsor $20 to Sparkle Pony.
This will be my 3rd Flight.
Its a lot of fun!!

Don't think I haven't considered it...:biggrin:

Ok, now you have some wheels turning in my head...

Last edited:

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Damn.

Hoss Rogers makes head tube badges for people that finish doesn't he?

Keep Monkeys posted, and let me know what's up. It would be cool to take some photos of the riders at the beginning and the end.

:cheers:
Yup, he does! They rock! He's a cool guy too.

No problem. Its the 28th, day after Thanksgiving. Ride starts @ 7am sharp from the organizer's (Jim Wilcox) house. That's where it ends too, after 70 miles.
The route is basically National Trail end to end, then 7th Avenue to McDowell, lunch stop, then up 7th Ave to Dunlap where we pick up Trail 100 and take it to Tatum. Then down to Papago Park, then through Mill and back up to Jim's house near Pima Canyon at South Mountain.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Its doubtful I'll be doing the ride on Sparkle Pony.
Maybe next year I can ride a dual crown DH rig there.

I think I'm borrowing Sixty's Soul Cycles AM Proto for the ride. Going to be good times!

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Not able to participate this time around but it's on my goal-list for 2009.
Sorry, been AWOL, just got back from Moab.

Yeah, the FOTP is fun, but its pretty brutal. Definitely something you want to be prepared for!

Hope to see you out there next year!

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Quick update:

I'm out this year.
I've done it twice before, I don't really want to suffer again this year.

If anyone has any questions though, feel free to contact me.

brokespoke

Chimp
Nov 18, 2008
Scottsdale
I read down to your last thread and it sounds like you're out this year. There is a couple of us who want to participate this year. Is there a flyer and how do we register?

Yup, he does! They rock! He's a cool guy too.

No problem. Its the 28th, day after Thanksgiving. Ride starts @ 7am sharp from the organizer's (Jim Wilcox) house. That's where it ends too, after 70 miles.
The route is basically National Trail end to end, then 7th Avenue to McDowell, lunch stop, then up 7th Ave to Dunlap where we pick up Trail 100 and take it to Tatum. Then down to Papago Park, then through Mill and back up to Jim's house near Pima Canyon at South Mountain.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I read down to your last thread and it sounds like you're out this year. There is a couple of us who want to participate this year. Is there a flyer and how do we register?
PM me your email address and I'll send you the flyer.