Quantcast

2008 Glory skid plate thing

Hairyballs

Chimp
Mar 9, 2005
Sweden
I made one myself using an old plastic fender that i cutted down/bended and i worked perfectly. Mad one for a friend too.

Not the best picture but the best ive found. Cheers.

Attachments

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Does any one know where i could get a new skid plate or shock cover thing for my glory other than directly from Giant.
Just wondering, why do you need 1, did it break? or did it fall off? Unfortunately i cant help you in getting one, but just curious on why you need 1.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
yes, but dont the frames all come with 1? It isnt an option is it?
frames come with 2, 1 carbon 1 plastic. he bought the frame used, and it was a ex team member from my 2009 team, which had the shock upside down and had a cutout in the skid plate. Memmelaar and I ran the shocks like that at the races in Fontana.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
frames come with 2, 1 carbon 1 plastic. he bought the frame used, and it was a ex team member from my 2009 team, which had the shock upside down and had a cutout in the skid plate. Memmelaar and I ran the shocks like that at the races in Fontana.
ah, understandable, makes more sense now

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
Did you run them upside down just to get the center of gravity lower or what?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Did you run them upside down just to get the center of gravity lower or what?
that and we were tuning in the shock so the adjustments were right there besides the air. It didnt really changed the ride of the bike, and its also very easy to break the shock that way since there is no protection for it when its exposed. But out there in Southern California, you can get away with it on certain tracks.

willyj

Chimp
Jun 2, 2008
HIGH COUNTRY
Just wondering, why do you need 1, did it break? or did it fall off? Unfortunately i cant help you in getting one, but just curious on why you need 1.
I bought my glory from a team rider and he had the shock flipped, they were doing some testing to see if it worked better and i just want to ride the right side up so i can access the piggy back easier, anyways the skid plate was all mangle from me hitting it once and it being custom made.