Quantcast

2008 marzocchi 4x wc 100mm - can it be lowered?

Sep 12, 2004
if i remember the 2007 (the first yr of the fork) had spacers you could swap to go from 80 to 100mm. i think for 08 and 09 they took that out so its only a 100mm travel fork.

so has anyone lowered an 08 or 09 down to 80mm - and if so did you have to make spacers or are the spacers in the fork and i just have to swap them around??

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
if i remember the 2007 (the first yr of the fork) had spacers you could swap to go from 80 to 100mm. i think for 08 and 09 they took that out so its only a 100mm travel fork.

so has anyone lowered an 08 or 09 down to 80mm - and if so did you have to make spacers or are the spacers in the fork and i just have to swap them around??
We only got 2 of these forks in stock , tried lowering them with limited sucess . The cartrige is sealed and travel is limited , the only way is to space the negitive side leg and run the cartrige side neutral with limited air pressure .
Not soo effective for real riding .

Side note : My new KOWA prototype works rad and we should have a finalized production version very soon :happydance:

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
lol so basically the answer is...no
No more like I stopped trying to make Marzocchi work the way I wanted .
Now I get KOWA forks built to my spec from the factory in Osaka !!

No BS these new KOWA forks are the best DJ and street forks I have ever ridden . More news after they are released to the public

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
No more like I stopped trying to make Marzocchi work the way I wanted .
Now I get KOWA forks built to my spec from the factory in Osaka !!

No BS these new KOWA forks are the best DJ and street forks I have ever ridden . More news after they are released to the public
can you give any info on how the drop outs work w/o spoiling the release? does the 20mm version have 1 or 2 pinch bolts? tool-less axle?? :biggrin:

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
can you give any info on how the drop outs work w/o spoiling the release? does the 20mm version have 1 or 2 pinch bolts? tool-less axle?? :biggrin:
Well being it's a suspension fork it's has a 20mm front through axle up front .
The current lowers have duel pinch bolts but were working on a new lower assembly now and that's all I'm saying :disgust:

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
got any more pics brad? the fork (and frame) look tasty

Thank you
that's one of the prototypes , that was on display at the Tokyo cyclemode tradeshow .
That's a 24" Deathmobile with the new internal cable routing .
I'll try to dig up some more pic's of both

Last edited:

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
you can lower a 4x very easily my buddy andrew has lowered his own and a few for hid friends. try him on pinbike ''andrewrock'' im sure he could help you out
I think he's asking about the 08 with the sealed cartridge , not the same as previous years .

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
no it was the 2008 model, you can still lower it.
Yes I know I have done 2 previous , you just dont get very good results as the sealed cartridge will fight your extended negative spring , thus when inflated to anything over 25psi in the cartridge leg the sealed cartridge will force the negative spring to compress and the fork will still ride at the travel of the sealed cartridge .

VAS the KOWA are currently in the prototype stages , these are still a little heavy and were working on reducing weight without compromising performance or strength .