Quantcast

2008 Sunday WC's

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
theres no way that bike is 9k. if im not mistaken i think thats in aussie dollars or whatever RRP money is. i love how people are gonna buy it if its the same setup as hills' i mean its not like they are gonna ride just as good and fast as hill :bonk: .

some people are just dumb.

not knockin hill at all, great rider and has skill but skill doesnt come with the new 08 wc sorry guys.

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
id believe it if it was a 9k bike but theres no way ironhorse would make there world cup stock with 9k worth of parts on there. Hills 07 bike wasnt exactly like the 07 world cup that was sold to the public

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Why would it come with two wheelsets? I think that would be silly. Why force a consumer to buy two sets of wheels even if they only want one? I'd rather have a cheaper bike and one set of wheels personally and I think most people would agree, with the exception of the extreme Sam Hill wannabes. Sam is the baddest mofo out there but I don't need to have every single part right down to a spare wheelset. Hell, I don't even have any of his parts actually..... :think: come to think of it, maybe that's why I'm only an expert DH racer!

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
if it is to be the case youd have to look at it more as buying a race bike package. anyone that is serious enough to throw down enough money on a sunday world cup ought to be serious enough to have 2 wheelsets, or atleast see the value in having an extra

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Why would it come with two wheelsets? I think that would be silly. Why force a consumer to buy two sets of wheels even if they only want one? I'd rather have a cheaper bike and one set of wheels personally and I think most people would agree, with the exception of the extreme Sam Hill wannabes. Sam is the baddest mofo out there but I don't need to have every single part right down to a spare wheelset. Hell, I don't even have any of his parts actually..... :think: come to think of it, maybe that's why I'm only an expert DH racer!
spare wheels rule. . . . and they have ruled long before Sam Hill came around. i beat the piss out of one set and have an identical pair that have less than 10 runs on them all year.

anyone buying a WC is likely using it for racing and i don't know any serious racer who wouldn't appreciate two pairs of wheels. :crazy:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Wouldn't you rather pay that much less from the get-go? IMO it seems a bit silly.
yeah you're right, especially since there are no other options for a high end DH bike these days. wouldn't it be rad if you could just buy a frame and build it up as you like? that'd be swell

and guess what i did with that $700 i made from selling the wheels? that's right i bought spare wheels!

this thread cracks me up. . . .

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I had heard IronHorse had gone under due to public indifference. It seemed no-one was buying them...
You certainly don't hear anything about the company these days...

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
then you're obviously not the target consumer for this product... you know that for '07 there were a total of 4 models of Sunday, with 3 of them being cheaper than the WC. :busted: The WC model is just that, a bike that can (out of the box) race world cups.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Wouldn't you rather pay that much less from the get-go? IMO it seems a bit silly.
IH doesn't pay $700 to buy that wheelset. If you didn't want it on the bike you might save $200, if you sell the wheelset you can make a lot of money.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
hmm, that other forum said spec will be similar, wonder if it will come with the vivid then??

edit: looks like 08 sundays (wc specifically) will be runnin the vivd!

and if it did have the same paint scheme that would be sick, maybe not black/green, but that combo (linakges painted and ish) looks ill