Quantcast

2009 3 day MTB Stage Race in NY

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Hey just got this update on 2009 from Genesis Adventures

Attention mountain bikers! Yes, you have not been forgotten! We are currently planning a new EPIC Mountain Bike Event for 2009. Modeled after the Cape Epic and Trans-Rockies 7-day events, the event format is a 3-day staged race. The target area is The Catskills in New York State. Meals, stocked aid stations, marked cross-country course, shower facilities, bike maintenance, and lots of other perks. We're estimating the event fee to come in at $600 per participant with a 2-person team format. Registration will be limited to the first 100 teams. We starting a lottery list for anyone interested in this new adventure. Please email info@genesisadventures.com with the subject "Mountain Bike Stage Race Lottery" and include your name and phone number. We will save the list and notify you when we hold the lottery drawings, then you can commit to the registration. Emailing us your name does not commit you to the event, but will get you into the lottery

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
its about a third the price of a 6 or 7 day stage race and it will be relatively local. i have done many of their Adventure races and also did Churn and Burn solo. they do a good job and are well organized, but if your doing it for the awards then you might be dissapointed.

its about a third the price of a 6 or 7 day stage race and it will be relatively local. i have done many of their Adventure races and also did Churn and Burn solo. they do a good job and are well organized, but if your doing it for the awards then you might be dissapointed.
Replacing a $100 fee 24 hour race with a $600 stage race is apples and oranges.

I think your perspective is as "off" as your grammar.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Well I'm sorry about the grammar issues.

I was just trying to contribute to a forum and offer some information that other racers may want to know about.

Stage racing seems to be a very popular trend among endurance racers but what do I know.

rich

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Nice to see a stage race in NY. I think the Finger Lakes Trail would make for a great stage race but they'll never allow it. Pricing is reasonable if they are providing meals and a tent.

For example, Trans Rockies in Canadian $:
Adventure Package – $1,650 per person + GST
The basics — you look after your food, gear and lodging and we give you seven of the most challenging and rewarding days of your life.

Epic Package – $1,850 per person + GST
Everything you need — we provide you with breakfast and dinner, a tent per team that we'll set up every day for you and we'll move your gear bags from start to finish each day.

Expedition Package – $3,950 per person + GST (limited to 15 teams)
Everything you want! An RV (motorhome) with a driver, a concierge to make sure that your travel to and from the Calgary airport is smooth . . . in short, you’ll do the TransRockies in style!