Quantcast

2009 Commencal DH SUPREME

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridingsupreme

Monkey
May 12, 2008
Santa Cluas lane
I've got one. and I must say, it puts the old bikes to shame. I'm glad I sold my old one. This bike is amazing. Bigger, lower, wider, and meaner! Currently the bike is 40.33 lbs with my practice parts. (steel spring, 36 spoke rear wheel, etc)
Race ready I speculate the bike will be 38.01 to be exact. lol

My chainstay in the long position is 18 inches,
BB is 13.65! (short crown on Boxxer WC)

Bike is a joy to ride. I've ridden many bikes, NONE quite like this.
Pedals like you wouldn't believe an 8 inch bike could, corners so good it scares me sometimes:shocked:, and its so nimble, quick, and stable at any speed.

Every place people were having trouble with on the old frames (weak spots, cracking, etc..) has been reinforced and reequipped with more material.

basically, you should all get one cuz its the SUPREME DH bike.

Bravo Commencal, BRA-VO. :clapping:

ridingsupreme

Monkey
May 12, 2008
Santa Cluas lane
Here are some pics I just took. Snapped my chain yesterday, and you may notice a partially severed the rear brake line during the impending pavement strength test. I was sprinting as hard as I could up a pavement hill after completing a great run down tunnel trail. totally ate ***t lol (So far my research shows that 10 out of 10 times you test the strength of pavement with your skin, the pavement is insufferable. much to my dismay, lol.)

Attachments

bushrider

Monkey
Jul 4, 2006
NYC
18" chain stays completely suck.

I ride a Demo9 with 16.7" CS and a Cannondale Gemini DH with 17.5" CS.
With the 17.5" CS its much harder to manual and clean switchbacks even though the cannondale is 10lbs lighter than the Demo.

ridingsupreme

Monkey
May 12, 2008
Santa Cluas lane
Also a longer CS makes things more stable at straight line speed, after all this is a true WC bike, not some specialized or Cannondale POS.

It really comes down to rider preference. I might add that the head angle is also adjustable.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
I dont understand the standover of that frame. There is plenty of room to drop the TT, and thus allow more fit options for more people. Reminds me of the older Giant DHs in large.....road bike type standover...

evolutionbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
Baltimore
Yeah, I got mine about two weeks ago. It rides quite a bit better than the previous, turns very well and handles the rougher stuff better. It took nothing to get used to, I was used to riding the previous model and just jumped on this one and took off. It usually takes me a little while to get comfortable on a bike. The chain line is much nicer and the new swingarm feels far more secure and stiff.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
I dont understand the standover of that frame. There is plenty of room to drop the TT, and thus allow more fit options for more people. Reminds me of the older Giant DHs in large.....road bike type standover...
It actually feels as low as other bikes. But they could have dropped it a little more...

Bike feels really nice. Shock hardwear seem a little like cartoon-handicraft though.

tredhed

Chimp
Feb 20, 2008
Andorra
Spoke to the frame designer, the reason the top tube is not any lower is because most riders are riding with their saddle at the same height as the stem. Lower the top tube any further and the seatpost would stick out further, creating more leverage on the frame, which means the frame would have to be beefed up, more weight, etc.

Cranx

Chimp
Aug 6, 2008
To all the cynics and knockers out there:

The guy is just stating an opinion. Doesn't mean you're committed to share it. Leave him be.

And you can tell from his language he's just stoked with his new purchase. Good for him. It's great to see such enthusiasm.

Pity so many love to piss on another's party.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Can you tell measure the wheelbase of the bike for me? Is it still 48'' in the slack HA setting?

ridingsupreme

Monkey
May 12, 2008
Santa Cluas lane
To all the cynics and knockers out there:

The guy is just stating an opinion. Doesn't mean you're committed to share it. Leave him be.

And you can tell from his language he's just stoked with his new purchase. Good for him. It's great to see such enthusiasm.

Pity so many love to piss on another's party.
ah yes but such is life no?

Stoked is only the half of it lol, its a good thing I could care less what other people think. I'm glad this bike isn't something that everyone can afford or even get at this point!

I only know of one other like this, and we both ride for Commencal. Sorry if my posts come off a little bias. Its non-intentional. ;) I've ridden many bikes, and there are many legit reasons I stay loyal to Commencal.

Bicycles de Opinion is there motto, and it is my opinion that they are Supreme. weather or not others agree doesn't affect me. Its better that way! if everyone had one you couldn't have the Commencal riders on the podium every time we ride. ;) :poster_oops: maybe now i've said too much.

My true belief is that it really doesn't matter what you ride, or how. A result is a result, however you choose to achieve it. its all good. Sometimes people loose sight of the fact of the matter and I don't blame um, I myself fall victim to a false belief in science being the reason Sam or Dan or and top WC guy is so good. the fact is; 90% rider and 10% bike are what make the difference.

If you ever doubt that come ride with me, and I'll prove to you what little difference the bike makes.:bonk::biggrin:

cheers:cheers:

ridingsupreme

Monkey
May 12, 2008
Santa Cluas lane
Preston?

Sick bike man, looks pretty badass!

Brent
Hey Brent whats up! I'll have her fixed by weds, then lets ride!

oh yea its a large frame, and the stand over.. well pictures don't show stand over. I'll post some pictures of me riding the sexy beast when I get some lol.

Stand over is really no issue. The only issue (and I mean THE only) i've had with the bike thus far is the low BB. which is 13.65" compared to the old bikes @ 14". But you also have to realize that the old bikes had less travel as well, therefore less sag ect...

Another contributing factor to me hitting my pedals and cranks everywhere is that the cranks are 175mm instead of 170mm. I haven't ridden cranks that long on a DH bike in... 2 years+. also the BB is an 83mm. and I hadn't ridden an 83mm bb bike in over a year and a half. (intense M3)

It took me 3 rides down tunnel to avoid near death experiences with pedal/crank clipping. and by the 6th ride I was able to avoid hitting my pedals all together.

Finally, I have the boxxer short crown on the bike, if I put the tall crown on it would raise my BB up significantly. But i'm liking the low at this point. :)

Who was saying they own one of these sexy beasts'? How, when, and where did you get it? and how much $ did you pay? Forgive me for doubting your ownership. unless your name is Christian. or perhaps you live in Europe...

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
With that low a BB, its time for some 165mm cranks bro!

Glad you are stoked on the new ride, I'll have to chack it out some time.

Noah

Wrench

Chimp
Jan 19, 2005
I can understand you being stoked, but then there is the a-hole comments that are made as if your mommy has more money than others or you rode the short bus to school today so mommy spent all the money in her purse to buy you a new bike. Get over it dude its a nice bike. If you can't take the hate leave!

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
Sick bike. Two friends of mine have had theirs for a coupple of months now, and they seem to like'em quite a bit too :)
I'm getting a 09 Supreme in a few days. So looking forward to it!!

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
thats what i was thinking. definitely a waste of space

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I can understand you being stoked, but then there is the a-hole comments that are made as if your mommy has more money than others or you rode the short bus to school today so mommy spent all the money in her purse to buy you a new bike. Get over it dude its a nice bike. If you can't take the hate leave!
??

You legitimize YOUR inference?

Why the mommy comments, where does all this BS come from..

He's stoked; Who bought it is Moot (not Moots); Why is 'hate' OK, and why should he leave.

God the world is full of teh suck.

sheesh.

Sweet bike - thought so before your post, still do; Too bad they dont make XL's

Mar 1, 2008
I love this bike! Its on my short list for true downhill race frame for next season. However, for the top tube's lack of standover, why couldn't they've stuck with the bend of the TT like on the prototype that the Athertons ran in DIRT a few issues ago? I believe that was CG's green WC bike (front triangle) mated to a custom Atherton-spec'ed rear triangle. I loved the clean likes of that one.

example:

evolutionbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
Baltimore
Who was saying they own one of these sexy beasts'? How, when, and where did you get it? and how much $ did you pay? Forgive me for doubting your ownership. unless your name is Christian. or perhaps you live in Europe...
We have had ours for 3 weeks now. These are our 4th Commencal Supreme frames. The bikes are very nice bikes and the ride has gotten better. Quite a few people have these frames already. They are not as exclusive as some may think. There were a handful in Whistler last month. We are on the East Coast of the States, I do not live in Europe. We have had a long standing relationship with Max and the boys at Commencal. They have been great friends.

ridingsupreme

Monkey
May 12, 2008
Santa Cluas lane
We have had ours for 3 weeks now. These are our 4th Commencal Supreme frames. The bikes are very nice bikes and the ride has gotten better. Quite a few people have these frames already. They are not as exclusive as some may think. There were a handful in Whistler last month. We are on the East Coast of the States, I do not live in Europe. We have had a long standing relationship with Max and the boys at Commencal. They have been great friends.
Ahh I c. I think I met you at whistler last year? you guys were saying that you were the big Commencal Dealer on the east coast. Glad to hear it! Sorry for my ignorance. :poster_oops:

hey haters just an FYI I ride for Commencal. Unlike you kids my mom doesn't buy me groceries, what makes you think she would support my riding expenses?
and I can take all the heat you can give kido, for god sakes this is the internet...:imstupid:

"WHY SO SERIOUS?":crazy:

yea i'm stoked on a new bike, sorry I brag about it. WHO THE HECK DOESN'T? weather you agree with stand over, bb, or CS measurements doesn't mean $**t to me son. :nopity:I agree with it lol so suck it sideways.

ridingsupreme

Monkey
May 12, 2008
Santa Cluas lane
Well you see, I disagree with riding a heavy bike for example, all the company's currently teamed with Factory Commencal. Being a Privateer I can run the best of the best. and so you see.

Never said I was a factory rider.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
Ahh I c. I think I met you at whistler last year? you guys were saying that you were the big Commencal Dealer on the east coast. Glad to hear it! Sorry for my ignorance. :poster_oops:

hey haters just an FYI I ride for Commencal. Unlike you kids my mom doesn't buy me groceries, what makes you think she would support my riding expenses?
and I can take all the heat you can give kido, for god sakes this is the internet...:imstupid:

"WHY SO SERIOUS?":crazy:

yea i'm stoked on a new bike, sorry I brag about it. WHO THE HECK DOESN'T? weather you agree with stand over, bb, or CS measurements doesn't mean $**t to me son. :nopity:I agree with it lol so suck it sideways.

wow....someone ban this knob......if i was a mod, all i'd have to see is this post and this guy would be gone.....

evolutionbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
Baltimore
BTI is the current distributor for Commencal now. They are able to do a better job bringing them in. We were merely a temporary solution while they were looking for a bigger fish.

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
Anybody know when the 2009 Supreme DH bikes/frames will be available for non-sponsored riders?
I'm buying one of the early/first production frames next week. They where ready from prodution last week I think. Main batch will be ready for delivery in February from what I know. My info comes from the Norwegian distributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.