Quantcast

2009 East Coast DH Season

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Im just looking forward to the Wisp DS series as I finally have a 4x bike that will rip better than my last. Looking forward to the SS series as always.

Anymore races at Wisp then the one in June? I'd like to make it to one of their races this year, but will be in Colorado/Utah/Tahoe the month of June. Granted it is no snowshoe, but I've heard great things about that place.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Meeting with the Title sponsor (St. Francis Sports Medicine) for the Paris Mt race for 2009s buget Friday. Plans are big and prizes should be much better for this years race. Will be meeting with the Park Rangers soon to lock in a Date somewhere around Sept to Oct. If you don't know much about this race go here and look at some of the Pics www.parismountaindh.com. We had well over 550+ spectators and one fun Pre race party..... Will know more soon!!!!

Last edited:

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Anymore races at Wisp then the one in June? I'd like to make it to one of their races this year, but will be in Colorado/Utah/Tahoe the month of June. Granted it is no snowshoe, but I've heard great things about that place.
There are four races across the summer at Wisp usually. One is the capital Cup sponsored by Racersedge, and the three others are usually a little less competitive and more low key, but fun nonetheless.

OB1

Monkey
Since I started this thread asking about all races....I figured we might as well hit as many as we can. So, to kick off the season...we went ahead and drove 9hrs to that bikercross in Pa. Good time had by all. No spikes...and the salt tore up our bikes on the ride home...but a good time was had fo sho. Season is underway! Neko was looking good.

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
While not a "true" DH race, we've got the Highbridge Hustle and Flow race in NYC on Saturday, April 25th. It's an all-mountain race for either teams or solos. The course includes a 5 minute XC climb, lap of the pump track, one-minute mini-DH run, 2-3 minute paved road climb, and 3 minute super-tech super-d downhill. With 5 person teams, each rider does one leg (so if you're a DH'er, just find a XC'er, roadie, pump tracker and super-D'er for your team). Or if you're a DH'er with fitness for pedaling, race solo.

In solo, Jurgen Beneke took the win last year. A local XC racer took second. Sasha Merjak took third on his hardtail slalom/jump bike and flat pedals, beating a bunch of other XC'ers. The course is technical above and beyond the ability of most XC racers, and the course isn't a long endurance-fest (total race times between 11 and 20 minutes), so fit DH'ers are pretty competitive. Many of the XC'ers were hiking down sections of the mini-DH course last year. ;)

Fastest time for the DH leg was :57.

Fun vibe, and a party/film/awards ceremony downtown later that night (last year was a Seasons premiere with a Specialized P1 bike raffle). Good way to kick off the season.

More details on http://www.nycmtb.com next week...

Jurgen:

Race report from the winning team:

http://agilefahrrad.blogspot.com/2008/05/nyc-hustle-flow-comp.html

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Not gonna happen. Even if there is a race held in Reading on that hill, it won't be called the same thing, something about naming rights. iH8rice/Angry Steve can provide some more info on that.

But yes, a super fun race.
yeah, there wont be anything happening there with the "duryea downill" name anytime soon.
if there is going to be a race, itll be run by different people w/ of course a different name to it. the guys who ran it before arent too keen on letting that name being used for someone else's race...even though Duryea is a street name and downhill is just a event, but combining the two wont fly apparently :banghead:

there was talks of getting something going there again by a few people i know, but talks fizzled....................so far at least :brows:

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
I haven't seen it yet.. IX is super fun, but it would have been cool to see a ds series there.

May 17th Diablo Gravity Series – DH only
May 22nd – 24th U.S. Open of Mountain Biking – DH & IX
July 11th - 12th Diablo Gravity Series - DH & IX
August 22nd – 23rd Diablo Gravity Series - DH & IX
September 12th - 13th Diablo Gravity Series - DH & IX
October 17th - 18th Diablo Gravity Series - DH & IX FINALS

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
I added the Gravity East series to the schedule in the first post. I used red to show date conflicts. I don't think I'll be home much this year.
Would you mind adding Diablo's. Thanks?..:cupidarrow:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Would you mind adding Diablo's. Thanks?..:cupidarrow:
Ken, Check out post #5 in this thread or

Current East Coast Races

I keep that one current. Working on Plattekill's schedule Sunday and should be able to post Sunday pm. We're trying to avoid conflicts BUT that would seem impossible at this point. Now just gonna be waiting on Highland, Mt Snow/Attitash Series. I also hear Camelback, Wisp and Massanuten will be adding a couple races each.

WOW!! A ton of racing in the East this season :clapping:

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Plattekill Bike Park, NY will hold there first race of the season May 2-3. Balance of schedule shortly.
when is the rest of the schedule gonna be announced old man?

we gotta get with Bunks and Nolan to do another trail maintenance weekend again.

hopefully the race will have a good turn out since its Diablow's opening weekend.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
one date has to be confirmed yet with USAC.

I'm pushing for two work saturday/ride sunday's for free the two weeks prior to the May 2-3 weekend. Last season the work weekends were an amazing sucess and the trails were in prime shape for the official opening weekend.

Sep 9, 2004
richmond, va
Anyone know what race entry costs at Snowshoe and Diablo? I plan on doing all nine races, but wanted an idea of what that will cost me (in addition to season passes). Thanks!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
If you are going to compete in the Diablo series You have to race the IX on Sat as well as the DH on Sun. Both will be combined to determine the series championship.

Intro $100.00/race weekend
Am $100.00/race weekend
Pros $120.00/race weekend

except the first race when there's DH only then it's:

Intro $55.00/race and Sun ticket
Am $55.00/race and Sun ticket
Pro $65.00/race and Sun ticket
Sat practice is extra

Snowshoe series is:
$29.00 - Downhill Race Entry (Does not include Trail Pass)
$54.00 - Discounted racer two day trail pass for Saturday and Sunday of Event day only.
so $83.00 - dhrace weekend