Quantcast

2009 Fluidride Cup #1 Results

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
this weekend was SICK!!! big props to Simon, Lars, Casey, Mike Estes, and anyone else who was helping out. you guys put on an amazing race. the last number I heard was 410 racers!!!!! the national at PA is going to be crazy!

stoked on a super fun weekend! see everyone in may!

Kyle,

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Pretty cool vid but that was the worst music that I have ever heard. Is this the gag real from America's funniest home videos?

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Pretty cool vid but that was the worst music that I have ever heard. Is this the gag real from America's funniest home videos?
What kind of music do you like? I've got the race video coming and I'll try to please you. Actually, I edit without music and then match the music to the natural rhythm and/or emotion of the cut. I have had people like this piece's music, but I truly can understand, if you are adverse to having fun with Bike Videos (Funniest Home Videos type of fun) that you'd not like my choice. I mean Joy does shush Mike to open it up.

I got a few people who hated my last years choice of music for my Sea Otter video. I felt that that track was like a hamster run or a rabbit hole and picked music that fit that emotion. Others liked it. Sometimes you just got to take a chance. But, really thank you for telling me. It helps when making choices going forward. Peace!

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
are the full results posted anywhere yet?
I just inquired from the official time keeper. I'll let you all know when I have them. Can you believe that there were 410 racers? Crazy! Great job by NDub Productions, Hurricane Racing and Fluidride.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
Racing in the PNW is alive again, and by the sounds of things amazing! Did i read theres going to be a national at PA?

im so bummed i moved across the pond months before the series started last year. someday soon, ill be back!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Racing in the PNW is alive again, and by the sounds of things amazing! Did i read theres going to be a national at PA?

im so bummed i moved across the pond months before the series started last year. someday soon, ill be back!
Hmmmm...coincidence that the race scene is exploding since you left state-side? Probably, but maybe you should stay over there just in case! ;)
Yes, the next FR Cup is the first stop on the Pro Gravity Racing Tour (ProGRT).

That was a massive turnout, the courses were optimal and everybody was letting it hang for sure. Hell, I was racing 40+ Cat. 1 and it was loud as hell on course - that was an unexpected and awesome experience.

Next month is going to be off the hook!!!

Last edited:

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California

PINNED will be the official "e-zine" for the Pro GRT.. you can check out the specific info here for the Pro GRT ("national")

http://www.pinnedmtb.com/progrt_portangeles09.htm

check back for frequent updates!

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
sorry but that line to the shuttle trucks has made up my mind about attending.

They moved upwards of 260 racers up hill an hour. I don't know anyone that had real problem with it. If you check a schedule for the upcoming ProGRT Tour they have broken practice up by classes. This should make it better.

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
God my run was so depressing. My rear brake (5 year old set of hopes, what did i expect) went to the bar during my race run after a high speed section where i wasn't using the brakes for a while, and i blew a corner. It was especially depressing since the corner i blew was the first in a set of corners where it was crucial to hold speed in.
Ugh, well i suppose thats racing sometimes.

Other than that, the race was awesome!!
The shuttle line was a bit excessive, but they ran it all day and you could use the time in the shuttle line to catch up with your buddies you haven't seen in a while.
The next race has split practice like Mark already said, so it shouldn't be as bad.