Quantcast

2009 Supreme DH WC Edition

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
but the long seat tube makes it great for climbing. i'd just have to criticize the lack of water bottle mounts.
Whatever dude, just drill some holes and you'll be set.

Does it come in rootbeer? that color isn't doing it for me

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
What is the story on this bike?
This bike comes spec'd virtually the same way Gee had his bike set up for his World Championship winning run. The biggest advantage of this bike is the custom RC4 rear shock, it has the exact same settings as Gee's bike with fully custom valving (limited quantities for this edition only).

I'll be test riding this bike next week in Spain, I'll give my full report when I return around the 22nd.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
lame, aren't gay jokes reserved for ignorant high school kids, not 34 yr old website admin's ;)
Ah, perhaps you are wrong sir! First, I am not 34. Second, had it have been purple and I posted a picture of Barney, would your reaction have been the same?

I'm serious though, the colors witht he flag and such are terrible, to me at least, and it does remind me of the pride flag. Perhaps its just because of Toronto, and how many times that flag is plastered all over the place.

So, witht he suspension settings just like Gee's, does that mean its like rock hard? WOuld it be very difficult to change the setup to something more...common i suppose?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The RC4 rear shock has much more adjustability than the DHX5, so it should be able to make pretty much everyone happy. It's a nice step up from the DHX.

As far as I understand, the fork is simply a revalving of a stock 2009 setup with different stickers and a low serial number.

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
That's just a plain old DHX 5, not an rc4.

It sells for something like $10500 in Oz, which with nearly the same spec as a Glory DH0, makes it the biggest rip off in cycling.

Only the French could think so big of themselves as to charge so much.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
I dig it. Ive never seen one in person just the older models. How much does that build weigh in at, just curious?

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I dig it. Ive never seen one in person just the older models. How much does that build weigh in at, just curious?
about 43lb, and Gee's weighs a bit over 42. it may be hard for some monkeys to believe, but getting a bike under 40lb isn't really that important.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
about 43lb, and Gee's weighs a bit over 42. it may be hard for some monkeys to believe, but getting a bike under 40lb isn't really that important.
I completely agree with you, I was just curios. Im not a weight weenie by any means. Beautiful bike IMO, to bad you dont see more of them where im from.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I think you may be more than a lil suprised how much some of the dh elite bikes weigh:crazy:... THe last thing they want is a bike thal fall to bits at their retarded speed, costing them race results:cheers:
Indeed, you don't exactly see a plethora of carbon parts or air-shocks these days...

Speedwa

Chimp
Jul 24, 2008
PNW
Agreed that weight is not the most important thing. Geometry,suspension, stiffness and durability could all rank higher. But if you ride any given bike at 42lbs and then ride that same bike at 38 or 39 lbs without changing any of the main factors(ie coil vs air suspension) and maintain strength there is a very noticeable difference on how a bike will handle. I would rather ride a strong stiff light bike than a tank.