Quantcast

2010 Boxxer settings

Floor Tom

Monkey
Sep 28, 2009
New Zealand
So I get my 2010 Boxxer teams on a new full bike recently and have had one day riding with them. Obviously with a lot of adjustment avaliable on them I am going to have to do quite a bit of work getting them set up correctly but I was wondering if anyone who has had them for a while would like to share their setup and any advise them might have for new owners.
To start with I set both the compression adjusters to roughly the middle and set the end stroke rebound a bit slower than the beginning, though both quite fast (I like my forks to be quite fast). I also took all the bottom out off and still havn't been in to the last 3/4" or so of travel ( I am about 180/185lbs with gear). I would have thought that the forks will bed in and I may need to add some bottom out after a while. I certainly wont be cutting the drop stop just yet anyway.

Also, one last question. The begining stroke rebound adjuster doesn't have any clicks, it just turns, is this correct?

brocelif

Chimp
Oct 28, 2006
I started with the Rock Shox chart recommendations from their web site. I found those were pretty close. For the bottom out I ran it wide open, where it bottomed a lot. So I dialed it in until I was happy with how often it bottomed. You can do that with all the adjustments, one by one, if you are patient. I don't think the rebound is supposed to click. Have fun.