Quantcast

2010 Boxxer WC vs. 2011 and other choices?

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Are there any differences between the 2010 and 2011 Boxxer WC?

I currently have a 2010 Team but I am looking to change forks for next season.

It is between the 888 ti, Boxxer WC, 40 and Dorado. Dorado being the most expensive and the 2010 Boxxer WC brand new being the least.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
They changed the wavy washer on the new WC as well as early 10s had issues that were corrected right off the bat. Valving had some issues and aftermarket tunes corrected that making the 2010s considerably better and less interaction between hi and low speed... 2010 had adjuster knobs that could be a paint in the A to turn and they changed thiose as well so some minor things tweaks etc... 2011 should be a pretty kink free run, first year usually have some issues and or bugs but RS is always ontop of the game with CS and 2nd run stuff....

Triple 8s are smooth and butter like always a bit heavier than claimed weight but not a major issue and the dorado I know nothing about...

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A
You can save yourself some major cash and just get the Solo Air assembly for your Team and upgrade it too the World Cup. Plus with that extra cash you can buy some custom decals for your Boxxer and be Super Cool!

Its not worth changing from a 2010 too a 2011 Boxxer as the changes are barely noticeable.

daday

Chimp
Jul 2, 2008
You can save yourself some major cash and just get the Solo Air assembly for your Team and upgrade it too the World Cup.
yeah uhm... NO! - except if you want to keep refilling the solo air chamber ... the spring of the team scratched the inside of the stancions by now and wont hold the air all to well.... :rolleyes:

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
looks like a decent amount of changes from the article. Only reason I thought about the 2010 WC is that they are cheap through my distributer.
Other thought is an Avy cartridge for my 2010 Team
Had a 2010 40 also but was never happy with it.
Also price wise the 2011 40, WC and 888ti are right around the same price. the Dorado is still pretty expensive.
I was just thinking new frame new fork since all my other stuff is carry over

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
yeah uhm... NO! - except if you want to keep refilling the solo air chamber ... the spring of the team scratched the inside of the stancions by now and wont hold the air all to well.... :rolleyes:
Why NEW team would have scratched stanchion...? :rolleyes:

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
Right, but it has only 1 season of riding. RS springs are AFAIK painted/has some protection layer on them , and have some plastic rubbing protectors as well... so i highly doubt that it is scratched in any way.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Thanks everyone who responded. After actually spending days weigh out pros and cons of each fork, I believe bullcrew is right. The Avy cart is the way to go. I just sold my CR-1 Boxxer and my team is in perfect condition. Instead of trying to sell my team also and worrying what is the latest and flashiest new thing, what's better then a custom tuned fork that is just as light or lighter then the WC?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
The cart is pretty sick overall and the fact that it can be drained, pulled reshimmed installed and filled ready to ride in under 15 minutes is pretty great... The high and low speed on both comp and rebound is accesible and easy to valve. Get the right shims and throw a mid speed in there and tweak it if needed per guidance LOL... Theres a few guys on here who Im sure can revalve with little assistance as far as shim configurations but as long as you write down the starting point and talk to Craig you can go from there...

Theres really no need to valve it once he sets it up and if its not spot on he does a revalve for free. I just decided to start messing with mine and doing different configurations per Craigs help to see first hand what can be done and yeah it can be valved for anything and be done right....

That matched with reliability and almost no maintenance ( I know thats taboo LOL) is a good thing.... No issues so far and no score marks or worn parts... Several months now and TONS of rides, been reusing the original oil. I have new stuff just being cheap....

Last edited:

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
The 888 ti would cost as much as the Dorado. I would have to get the Burgertec top crown from CRC to run my Deity dm stem. I do not like the 888 stem or I would have to try and locate the Marzocchi 45mm stem.
Like I said the Avy cart is the best way to go. My Boxxer Team stanchions are perfect and the lowers are close to perfect.