Quantcast

2010 NHL Playoffs Thread

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
French Canadians are not even liked by thier own country. They are a joke.

One more closer for the Pens.

Flyers win again. The Devils are done.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Ughh...that is all. Ughh. Better get a split Hawks...skating around like you think the Preds are going to roll over and play dead just because you are in town. Try breaking out with some tape to tape passes, breaking in with puck support and clearing the slot in front of Niemi. And play with a sense of urgency and some friggin passion, fercryinoutloud...

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Here we go Pens! After getting beat in the first game the Pens have really stuck it to them.

I'm really afraid to see the next round against the Caps. The Pens didn't beat them once in the regular season, will they get swept?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Chicago doesn't look right............they seem off kilter and sluggish and lethargic so far - burned out?
Nashville's got a pretty solid well rounded team, with pretty good size and intangibles, and a heck of a coach. They would have damn good this year if Radulov was still with them.

Chicago looks anemic and looks like they need the injection of some veteran presence and leadership on offense, especially within their top 9. Madden just isn't the solution (apparently he's the only one), and IMO isn't a 3rd line center at this point of his career either. Apparently the men are being separated from the boys now that it's playoff hockey, and there are just too many boys on Chicago.

I was really surprised given their impeding cap situation that they didn't unload some of their young talent for some combination of veteran leadership and a goaltender. The team seems to have more than enough skill guys, but there is no way in hell I'd want Niemi to be the goaltender of the future. Sure he had "respectable" numbers this year, but so did Jose Theodore. Chicago isn't going to go anywhere with one goaltender that's apparently damaged goods, and another that looks to have AHL caliber "stuff".

Chicago may very well be better off next year when they're forced to move some players due to cap restrictions.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Here we go Pens! After getting beat in the first game the Pens have really stuck it to them.

I'm really afraid to see the next round against the Caps. The Pens didn't beat them once in the regular season, will they get swept?
What you talking aboot?

Pen's are going to be playing the Bruins next round (hopefully), and I actually kind of want that match-up as a B's fan.

I know they aren't the sexy team like the Caps, and I don't know if they could pull it out against the Pens, but I've never been terribly impressed by how the Pen's have countered the Bruin's defensive scheme.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Redwings looked like they are supposed to last night, first career play off shut out for Jimmy howard....hopefully they can keep this momentum out in the desert.

Shaping up to be a good post season in the NHL

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
What you talking aboot?

Pen's are going to be playing the Bruins next round (hopefully), and I actually kind of want that match-up as a B's fan.

I know they aren't the sexy team like the Caps, and I don't know if they could pull it out against the Pens, but I've never been terribly impressed by how the Pen's have countered the Bruin's defensive scheme.
Only if the Bruins and the Flyers win. I would love to see the B's play the Pens so Cooke can take out your big superstar again and Jack Edwards will talk about knocking Sid's teeth out.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Nashville's got a pretty solid well rounded team, with pretty good size and intangibles, and a heck of a coach. They would have damn good this year if Radulov was still with them.

Chicago looks anemic and looks like they need the injection of some veteran presence and leadership on offense, especially within their top 9. Madden just isn't the solution (apparently he's the only one), and IMO isn't a 3rd line center at this point of his career either. Apparently the men are being separated from the boys now that it's playoff hockey, and there are just too many boys on Chicago.

I was really surprised given their impeding cap situation that they didn't unload some of their young talent for some combination of veteran leadership and a goaltender. The team seems to have more than enough skill guys, but there is no way in hell I'd want Niemi to be the goaltender of the future. Sure he had "respectable" numbers this year, but so did Jose Theodore. Chicago isn't going to go anywhere with one goaltender that's apparently damaged goods, and another that looks to have AHL caliber "stuff".

Chicago may very well be better off next year when they're forced to move some players due to cap restrictions.
Agreed agreed agreed...I think Versteeg, Ladd and Byfuglien are gone after this year. Gotta find us a good goalie...and some grit.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Sorry to jump into this so late, but the Sharks fans are apoplectic. My buddy who is a Red Wings fan has commented the Sharks fans are cry babies.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Only if the Bruins and the Flyers win. I would love to see the B's play the Pens so Cooke can take out your big superstar again and Jack Edwards will talk about knocking Sid's teeth out.
Yea, Jack is the biggest Homer ever, but he's our Homer :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Yea, Jack is the biggest Homer ever, but he's our Homer :D

Jack Edwards = worst play by play guy on TV. He's friggin horrible. I usually mute the Bruins games when they are on NESN so I don't have to listen to him. He's Gawdawful. NESN should fire his sorry ass and pay Rick Peckham big bucks to come to Beantown to do the Bruins games.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Jack Edwards = worst play by play guy on TV. He's friggin horrible. I usually mute the Bruins games when they are on NESN so I don't have to listen to him. He's Gawdawful. NESN should fire his sorry ass and pay Rick Peckham big bucks to come to Beantown to do the Bruins games.
^
Why I don't mind Jack. I love that he drive's people insane!

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
What you talking aboot?

I thought the winner of Montreal & Washington play the winner of Pittsburgh & Ottawa next round? And the winner of Buffalo & Boston play the winner of NJ and Phili.

So third round could be Pittsburgh vs Boston. That would be a "wicked" cool series.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I thought the winner of Montreal & Washington play the winner of Pittsburgh & Ottawa next round? And the winner of Buffalo & Boston play the winner of NJ and Phili.

So third round could be Pittsburgh vs Boston. And I would like to see that too, because Boston doesn't scare me as much as the Caps have this year. That would be a "wicked" cool series.
Highest seed would play the lowest. So far that looks like Caps (1) vs. Philly (7)

Bruins wound up with the 6 seed.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Cooke is a cheap shot, knee to knee elbow throwing gutless little punk. He is lucky Evander Kane is not in the playoffs...

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Cooke is a cheap shot, knee to knee elbow throwing gutless little punk. He is lucky Evander Kane is not in the playoffs...

I love all this hatred.

So the Washington series is done and Satan won it in overtime for the B's after Miller stood on his head for a period and a half in overtime. I can't see Buffalo coming back with their offense.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Buffalo is on the ropes now. Maybe they'll get Vanek back for Game 5.

Tough loss for LA last night.

Quick exit for Les Habitants it looks like.

Will the "real" Blackhawks show up tonight?

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
I'm glad the 'Nucks got things back to par, but they'd better shape up or their season is only 2 more games long. The maddening thing is that they are a far better team than how they have been playing. I can pretty much guarantee that O'Brien won't be back next year, unless he somehow becomes an absolute miracle worker right quick!