Quantcast

2011 Boxxer R2C2 and Shimano Zee mounting

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
i tried on pinkbike but didn't seem to get my answer..

http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=155264&pagenum=1#commentid5354427
^^^^

"so i bought a brand new pair of Zees and pretty stoked on them.. but i did not buy any mounting hardware for it

so right now the zees are bolted to avid brake adapters and bolted to my '11 r2c2

can i just adjust the calipers by shimming them around so the pads are full contact with the rotor? or buy the shimano brake adapters

i can not find shimano boxxer brake adapters

FYI- '11 commy supreme 8, '11 boxxer r2c2 .. if that helps any

thanks"

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
it appears that if you remove the lower spacer from the front adapter (under the caliper) you'd have better alignment, if not perfect. Have you tried that?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i've done it before a number of times on a number of brake/fork (and even frame) combos. as long as you have proper clearance and pad contact you'll be fine. it's not ideal, and falls into the "how it can work" category instead of the "how it should work" category.

i do believe shimano rotors have a larger braking surface than avid, so i'd recommend that ultimately you switch to shimano rotors & adapters. but you should be OK for the time being.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
it appears that if you remove the lower spacer from the front adapter (under the caliper) you'd have better alignment, if not perfect. Have you tried that?
i have not, and will try. the back is a different story

i've done it before a number of times on a number of brake/fork (and even frame) combos. as long as you have proper clearance and pad contact you'll be fine. .

this helps.. thanks.. looks like a little customization will happen