Quantcast

2011 East Coast Downhill schedule

May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH
Here is the current tentative schedule
We did not and still wish we could hold out, as the contracts for many locations still need to turned in and they all have until March 25th.

So this schedule and locations here and there could possibly change, we send out contracts to all interested Mountain locations in the East. This year 15 contracts have been sent out and we have to make dates and locations work as best we can and as you all know many are in Snow mode. So we are just getting some dates now and we try to avoid stepping on other series.

We want to Thank You All!!! We can tell from this thread the GES is a well enjoyed, sought out series of events, we just have to get all the complex issues completed before we even release a tentative schedule and we did have some unfortunate delays and now the closing of Blue has us working even harder to make the series the best we can.

If you have any comments or question please email us at gravityeastseries@gmail.com

1.Snowshoe WV June 4-5

2.Wisp MD June 18-19

3. Seven Springs PA July 23-24

4. Sugarbush, VT August 6-7

5. Killington VT August 13-14

6. Highland Mountain Bike Park, NH August 27-28

7. Launch @ Spring Mountain PA September 17-18

8. Finals not set Oct. 1-2 (we are already in discussion with Blue Mtn Mgmnt as well as other locations central or near Blue Mtn)

Last edited:

MM_Freak

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Western Mass.
Eastern States Cup Schedule

6/4 – 6/5 Mt Snow. VT
6/11 – 6/12Pats Peak. NH

7/2 – 7/3 Plattekill. NY
7/16 – 7/17Mt Snow. VT
7/23 – 7/24Plattekill. NY
7/30 – 7/31Killington VT

8/6 – 8/7 Attitash, NH
8/20 – 8/21Mt Snow. VT

9/3 – 9/4 Plattekill. NY
9/10 – 9/11Whiteface, NY

10/8 – 10/9Plattekill. NY (ESC Finals)

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Eastern States Cup Schedule

6/4 – 6/5 Mt Snow. VT
6/11 – 6/12Pats Peak. NH

7/2 – 7/3 Plattekill. NY
7/16 – 7/17Mt Snow. VT
7/23 – 7/24Plattekill. NY
7/30 – 7/31Killington VT

8/6 – 8/7 Attitash, NH
8/20 – 8/21Mt Snow. VT

9/3 – 9/4 Plattekill. NY
9/10 – 9/11Whiteface, NY (NY State Finals)

10/8 – 10/9Plattekill. NY (ESC Finals)

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
im also debating whether to remove Diablow's series form the list since no one can ask a question about their series without them getting pissed and deleting comments.
stay classy Diablow

yopaulie

Monkey
Jun 4, 2009
NH
So after reading about the Diablo series, you basically pay $65 for Sat/Sun practice and one race run. Then you pay $25 more for a 2nd race run that counts to the overall point series? Seems like this sets up the potential for someone to "buy" the overall for 2011....?

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
So after reading about the Diablo series, you basically pay $65 for Sat/Sun practice and one race run. Then you pay $25 more for a 2nd race run that counts to the overall point series? Seems like this sets up the potential for someone to "buy" the overall for 2011....?
essentially.
their comment about traveling to 10 different mountains made it seem like riding more than one mountain is a bad thing. it was obviously aimed at the ESC series.
i guess they figure they can do two races a day since turn out is usually always low.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I love traveling to all the different mountains, makes for a lot more parody. Look at the GES pro category last year, the entire series came down to a few seconds at the last race.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
If 1 wanted to race both indy races, and both DH races, it would run 130 (save 40!) for the weekend, not terrible if you figure its 4 races. 110 with a season pass. Diablo claims this is better from what rider feedback was, i cant vouch for that either way, i personally dont want to race 4 races each diablo weekend, but, i will, since the series depends on it. (catch 22) I think the DH part will be cool, rumor has it that it will be two courses, so its essentially 2 DH races in 1 weekend.

What is going to be interesting is indycross, about 90% of the people i know only raced it for the overall. I cant imagine the double indy races will last long,i think it will end up making indy "extinct" i think the double DH might be kinda cool(although not for me)

I personally support diablo doing it the old way, but ill give it a season before i jump to any conclusions.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i personally dont want to race 4 races each diablo weekend, but, i will, since the series depends on it. (catch 22) I think the DH part will be cool, rumor has it that it will be two courses, so its essentially 2 DH races in 1 weekend.
the series is based on DH and GS results separately, not a combination of the two for the overall.
if its two courses for DH, then thatll make practice interesting and will probably make for a very long sunday considering how long changing timing for the courses will be and taking into account for any snafus. if its two DH courses, then thats asking for trouble IMO

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
the series is based on DH and GS results separately, not a combination of the two for the overall.
if its two courses for DH, then thatll make practice interesting and will probably make for a very long sunday considering how long changing timing for the courses will be and taking into account for any snafus. if its two DH courses, then thats asking for trouble IMO
yeah, but i race both series, there may not be a double super overall, but i am still going to try for both the individual ones.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
2 tracks would also shut down more of the mountain to nonracers, I'd assume it's 2 runs on the same track, but would appreciate some clarity on that.
That's right, I said track.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
We design and build a Dual Slalom course similar to the previous year. A short but fun. So you can just walk right out of the gondola will be in front of the main Lodge to start. The cost will be minimal. The race is only 5 or 10 dollars.
spam bots are going to take over the world soon

graserg

Chimp
Jun 28, 2010
VT
Are ProGRT races open to any category racer? I would like to race the early Highland race but only a cat 2 rider.

Thx folks! See u at the races!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Nema International and Eastern States Cup
Present
The Nema Team Challenge​

The Nema Team Challenge is a new concept in downhill mountain bike racing. The challenge will reward the fastest and most consistent mountain bike race teams racing the Eastern States Cup series. Nema came up with this unique ideas a way to support regional racing in the United States.

Race Teams will compete for the $1000.00 ESC Nema Team Challenge purse. $500 will go to the winning team, second place is $300 and third place will win $200. At every Eastern States Cup race the top three results from each registered team will count towards the Nema Team Challenge. The team with the most points after the finals in October wins. Thanks to Nema and the Eastern States Cup there will be no charge to register for the Eastern States Cup Nema Team Challenge. This will be very competitive and fun, as many top East Coast teams have already registered.

Since 1994, riders have trusted Nema International to deliver the most durable, comfortable, best performing cycling apparel. Nema has earned a reputation for providing gear above and beyond expectations. Nema has a proud legacy of supplying leading performance cycling apparel to riders and of supporting racing. For more information please visit www.nemacycling.com

The Eastern States Cup downhill mountain bike race series offers a variety of terrain at six of the East Coast’s premier lift serviced mountains; Mount Snow, Whiteface, Attitash, Pat’s Peak, Killington and Plattekill Bike Park. The ESC is a USA Cycling Regional Championship Series and features the NY, NH and VT USAC State Championships.

For the fine print and to register your team please visit www.easternstatescup.com

graserg

Chimp
Jun 28, 2010
VT
Could some one please enlighten me on the GES Windham race on the same weekend as the UCI Windham race?? What the .....? where are us GES guys gonna run? hows this gonna play out

Stoked but perplexed.

thanks
G.

GESAnnouncer

Chimp
Aug 2, 2010
Middlebury, VT
Hello Everyone,

The Gravity East Series is excited to announce that they will be apart of the World Cup Weekend.

The GES will utilize a course separate of the World Cup course. Practice will be available on Thursday & Friday with the Gravity East Series taking place on Saturday 07/09/11.

Gravity East Series Staff will be present for this race.

Complete information about this race and venue will be released as we get closer to that particular race date.

Rick Hurteau
Gravity East Series Announcer

olddogbmxer

Monkey
Aug 9, 2007
Could some one please enlighten me on the GES Windham race on the same weekend as the UCI Windham race?? What the .....? where are us GES guys gonna run? hows this gonna play out

Stoked but perplexed.

thanks
G.
GES will be a completely separate course and there will be practice Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Schedule will be posted soon.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Revised Eastern States Cup Schedule

Hurricane Irene played havoc with our schedule, The Plattekill Race originally scheduled for September 3-4, 2011 will be rescheduled October 29-30, 2011. The rescheduled race will now also be the Eastern States Cup Regional Championship Finals and offer double points.

The Columbus Day weekend race October 8-9, 2011 will continue to offer double points as scheduled. This will give racers a chance to make up points and should make for an exciting competitive finish to the ESC season.

The recently completed NYS Championship Series has concluded with the two Plattekill, NY and Whiteface, NY races that have already been held. The ESC will present The NYS Champs medals and certificates at a podium presentation following the race awards at the October 8-9 Plattekill Race.

The Whiteface 5k ESC Medals, a racers favorite will also be given out at the Plattekill, October 8-9 race. The ESC apologizes for this inconvenience. Please stop by the ESC Booth at the race and we’ll get you all set.

The ESC apologizes for these unforeseen circumstances. Please contact us through www.easternstatescup.com for any comments and suggestions. Thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now