Quantcast

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Jim

Encouraging the development of gravity racers and giving those racers several options to enjoy the sport they love ...... is not a crime.

GES and ESC will give the East coast racer a variety of great races to attend.

We are very lucky to have so many options.

Can't wait to take some runs with you at Platty

Rich
Ah, Rich! Voodoo might have thought the release of the premature dates were a criminal offense, however! Can;t wait to ride with you all, too. (just need to reassemble the 5 bikes I currently have in pieces...)

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Ah, Rich! Voodoo might have thought the release of the premature dates were a criminal offense, however! Can;t wait to ride with you all, too. (just need to reassemble the 5 bikes I currently have in pieces...)

Get to work Jim ..... riding season will be here before we know it!

Richie Vegas

Chimp
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah Rich gonna be back this year. Taking the race season off was good for me, but the racing bug never goes away. Really looking forward to this season.

Rich D.

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East
This series is going to be awesome. Really taking care of all of us in the northeast.

Thanks for putting this together.

I only see 1 or 2 GES races that interest me, now I am not sure I will make those to save the cash for the ESC.

Is there anything official regarding points and how many races we need to attend???

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
2011 Eastern States Cup DH Race Dates
Race #1 6/4 – 6/5 Mt Snow. VT Championship #1
Race #2 6/11 – 6/12 Pats Peak. NH Championship #1
Race #3 6/18 – 6/19 Attitash, NH Championship FINALS
Race #4 7/2 – 7/3 Plattekill. NY Championship #1
Race #5 7/16 – 7/17 Mt Snow. VT Championship #2
Race #6 7/23 – 7/24 Plattekill. NY Championship #2
Race #7 7/30 – 7/31 Killington VTChampionship #3
Race #8 8/20 – 8/21 Mt Snow. VT Championship FINALS
Race #9 9/3 – 9/4 Plattekill. NY Championship #3
Race #10 9/10 – 9/11 Whiteface, NY Championship FINALS
FINALS 10/8 – 10/9 Plattekill. ESC CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Yeah!
Plattekill against Whiteface for the NY State Downhill finals.
I may have to challenge Lazlo to a dh race!
Or did I just do that?

Last edited:

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Looks like a great series. I gotta say I'm pretty bummed about Attitash being moved to June, but that's just because I'm already booked that weekend. It looks to be a really well thought out series for the northeast. I can't wait.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Looks like a great series. I gotta say I'm pretty bummed about Attitash being moved to June, but that's just because I'm already booked that weekend. It looks to be a really well thought out series for the northeast. I can't wait.
Sorry about that. The Attitash date was changed when the GES scheduled Sugarbush on the same day. We do and will continue to do what is best for racing and racers. Hopefully the new date will work for others.

Thanks for your and everyone else's support.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Sorry about that. The Attitash date was changed when the GES scheduled Sugarbush on the same day. We do and will continue to do what is best for racing and racers. Hopefully the new date will work for others.

Thanks for your and everyone else's support.
No sweat. That's why it was a tentative schedule. Trust me, I'd much rather be racing than doing what I have to do that weekend.
Anyway, I'm sure the rest of the Wachusett team will be there, so swing by for a few beers. They have a couple new beers out that are great. I mean, they're no Labatts (or are you a PBR man, I forget), but I think you'll like em. :thumb:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Well it looks like you will race as one group 30 plus ...in Cat 2, and same for
Cat 3. The next option would be to Upgrade to Cat 1 where there is a 40+.
honestly, even at popular races the 45+ category is pretty empty. Last race I was at, there were 2 riders in the cat two 45+. As I learned last year, competition is fun...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
haha, dude you'll be fine on any course they run you on. Cat 2 courses at platty are typically longer and flatter. Less skill more lung. I'm not sure about other places, but I think they typically have go arounds or courses easy enough for everybody.

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
1 course for all classes for the Whiteface 5 K (if the snow ever melts!)
Waiting on ORDA (Olympic Regional Development Authority) approval for 1 very big thing. If this happens you will all be very stoked!

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
No sweat. That's why it was a tentative schedule. Trust me, I'd much rather be racing than doing what I have to do that weekend.
Anyway, I'm sure the rest of the Wachusett team will be there, so swing by for a few beers. They have a couple new beers out that are great. I mean, they're no Labatts (or are you a PBR man, I forget), but I think you'll like em. :thumb:
BEST POST YET ! VODEW=LABATS. NOLAN=PBR . Me just the meth

frankthetank

Chimp
Feb 20, 2010
NY/NJ
Taking on a 30 year old is asking allot of a 47 year old, duct tape or no duct tape.:think:
:eek: no choice /very special duct tape,they make it with flames and skulls it has to make you ride better.Maybe there will be enough 45+ to make a cat 2 class not worried its all good.

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
I'm in the same boat as you, maybe we can row together? :)(44 going on 45).
If you look at the Gravity East Series Standings for 2010 ...where they combined the 40+ cat 2 and 3 groups. There were about 4 guys who actually showed up to race in 4 or more races out of 8.

There simply is not enough guys racing in the 40 plus 2 or 3 categories.

Last year in the ESC they were separated categories and one person showed up for more than 2 races.

the best option would be to make a 30 to 44 Cat 2, 30 to 44 Cat 3 group, and a 30 to 44 cat 1 group. then make a 45 plus open where all Cats 1,2,3 would race in one group.

This would give the 40 year old downgraded pro some competition from the younger 30 year olds

2 cents

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
what's the old farts take on changing up the ages? seems like everybody is bent on 30-44, then 45+....why not do 30-39, then 40+? the age differences seem somewhat tighter for the younger kids....I feel like there's a large gap between 30 and 44.

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
what's the old farts take on changing up the ages? seems like everybody is bent on 30-44, then 45+....why not do 30-39, then 40+? the age differences seem somewhat tighter for the younger kids....I feel like there's a large gap between 30 and 44.
maybe in years but not in the times my guess would be the top guys in 40 to 44 will beat the 30 - 39 times

But from times for the 45 + are a good 20 - 30 second slower than the 40 - 44 group the few years seems to make a bigger difference in the 40s and 50s.

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
I like this ESC feature:

One of the unique features of the Eastern States Cup Series is its support of junior racers. The ESC will offer a $600 bonus to be split between the top three Cat1 under 18 men racers.