Quantcast

2011 FOX 40 maintaince guide/video?

MTBAlex

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
Campbell, CA
Hey guys,

I was wondering if you can point me to a video/guide to maintaining the 2011 FOX 40. I rode my bike for about 15 hours and noticed quite a bit of stiction now on the stanchions. I think it might be time for some servicing, but never did it before. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
Hey guys,

I was wondering if you can point me to a video/guide to maintaining the 2011 FOX 40. I rode my bike for about 15 hours and noticed quite a bit of stiction now on the stanchions. I think it might be time for some servicing, but never did it before. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Probably just need to lube up the lowers, very simple...Once you have them cleaned up , I personally like to squirt a bit of float fluid between the two bushings with a syringe and I soak the foam rings in fork oil mix with some float fluid as well.SlickHoney on the seal and foams, put the lowers back, 50cc of Kashima 10wt oil ( if you can ) in each legs and you're set...

I dont think there is a video on their page but definitely a guide for sure :

http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/index.htm

MTBAlex

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
Campbell, CA
Is it a big problem if you put too much oil in the legs? Or will it basically just come up through the seals and you just wipe it off as you ride.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
Is it a big problem if you put too much oil in the legs? Or will it basically just come up through the seals and you just wipe it off as you ride.
dude ...have you even checked the link I posted ??? and why would you put MORE oil in it if you already know how much there should be in there in the first place????

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
You don't need to take the fork off the bike. Put the bike upside down on the floor and go from there.

50ml in each leg. Go buy a ratio right from your local moto shop if you don't have something to measure the oil with.