Quantcast

2011 Fox 40 or 2011 boxxer WC(or team)

xemini

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
Hey guys, I've always used boxxer forks and had good luck with them. I want to upgrade to a newer 2011 fork and Im leaning towards the Fox 40 for a change. What do you guys think 2011 Fox 40 or Boxxer WC(or team)?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
BOXXER WC:
Well if they ironed out the valving and a couple of issues internally with stock dampers rubbing as well as the knobs it should be a really really good fork...

FOX 40: Amazing fork the compression for bigger guys has been addressed and doesnt dive like it used to...

Both need maintaining both have issues but nothing more than to be expected...

Hard call I know if the new boxxer rides like the mod that was bieng done and the knobs turn without a set of pliers than its going to be NICE... So hard choice I dont think this helped but Id ride either they are both great forks... See if you can get a run on both and judge, all the forks behave a little different and theres a fork that fits others better than some...

Some like flex others dont some like air others dont some like linear and others like progressive... SOrry man when talking about the top tier forks its a rider preference and you are the best judge... Reliability they are both on par with one another....

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Ill vote fox 40, based upon the fact that it has better chances of working, i also prefer the siffer (heavier) chassis it has. If you dont mind doing work, both have new internals you can throw in there. (probably more for the boxxer)

andrewko

Chimp
Jul 13, 2008
ill be getting '11 40's for myself in a bit once they drop down in price, so yeah my vote for 40

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Holy ****.

Did Bullcrew just post in a fork thread without mentioning an Avy cartridge?
LOL

They are 2 bad @$$ forks and he will be stoked on either... I like to ride stock forks they arent bad by any means... I prefer the cart but thats another thread.

the new WC should be pretty smooth and fox 40s are like keith stone "always smooth"

Last edited:

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Hey Barry. My vote is for the 40 hands down. I love my 2010....very plush and stiff. I only did one service this year for a blown bladder. Its a cheap easy fix that can be avoided if the compression circuits aren't left wide open........so I've heard. Not to mention the 2011 is suposedly even better with a re-designed bladder.

good luck