Quantcast

2012 SX Trail vs Intense SS2

vikingboy

Monkey
Dec 15, 2009
Sorry for another comparison request but Ive got small window to pickup a 2012 SXT frameset at a great price.
I've been riding a Enduro Evo for a while now and absolutely love it....as my riding advanced Im hitting bigger stuff which a bigger bike would help deal with.
I demo'd an Intense SS2 last weekend which I enjoyed, very plush travel and was able to rip it up on the downhills but cycling cross country to the jumps was murder! Really low and slack seat tube caused knee grief. Also felt like the 165mm travel wasn't that much of a step up from the Evo and felt a bit like more of the same so figured it was back to the drawing board.

Got an offer of a SXT framset but cant demo and have to decide by mid week. Had hoped to demo a TR250 next week but this would close the door on the SXT frame......so question to those guys riding the new 180mm SXT.....how are they compared to bikes like the TR250, SS2 and Enduro Evo?

thanks in adv
Ian

vikingboy

Monkey
Dec 15, 2009
Nothing, just hitting bigger stuff than its comfortable with...starting to feel flexy at the back.
Got the 2012 SXT frame waiting to be buil up this weekend :)

vikingboy

Monkey
Dec 15, 2009

Want to change LG1 chainguide to black and fit a Bos Stoy rear shock. I'll post a review up when Ive got a bit more time in the saddle but so far the Bos Idylles are stand out for me.