Quantcast

2012 Taipei Int'l Cycle Show

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Maybe, it's a bit too early... but some news already start to appear...

From Bike Europe (printed)

1. X-Fusion is going to introduce 3D forged fork crowns and revise shocks' mid-valves. Forks and shocks(?) will have gold ano finish, which is claimed to be 13% slicker. New travel adjustment called DLA.

2. Fratelli Industries (http://www.fratelli.tw/ nothing to see here, yet), has just started to produce its own rims from Dynamal alloy, claimed to be 50% stronger than 6061-T6 alloy. The FX25 XXX series is specially suited to use in downhill

3. Spank switches from aftermarket to OEM! :O

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Here are a few interesting things I saw today.
Full carbon Astro DH frame

Astro carbon enduro frame

Devinci Dixon carbon frame

SRAM clutch derailleur

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That dh frame is kinda ugly but if their prices are right they may be onto something.

I wonder why no one went direct sale with Astro? The prices should be amazing with that.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
The Devinci is looking good! Could be my next bike in 2013...

Anybody knows what is the rear shock on it? Thanks!

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
I hope you get to try one. they are actually pretty spectacular. two guys here have ridden my bosses and liken it to a faster glory

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i seem to remember Quinton saying they are releasing it here
oh neat! slap a sette badge on it and sell it for $600...

I seem to have one sitting downstairs... Yay Canada :)... come on carbon!
yeah, canada could get them because the patent copy wasn't so strong up there/everywhere else?

Would be very cool to start seeing them in any format, aluminum or carbon.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
you could just get one now, its called a trek remedy. The geo is almost identical.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
On the pic I've seen, it looked similar to existing model...
Is there Pinion at Taipei Show?

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I don't care much about stickers on Boxxers... but CF Gravity cranks are interesting. Suntour DH triple-clamp for, too ;>

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
sounds like they were hinting at new internals to match those stickers. time will tell.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Don't the gravity parts (cranks, specifically) have a history of twisting and bending? I remember reading that here a few times. So that in mind....scary carbon cranks are scary.

internet-memes-cant-tell-if-fry-or-bippity-boop.jpg

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
aluminum glites didn't work out so well on my bike, but I anticipate that the carbon will be stronger. That said, I'm pretty happy with my current saint setup, and don't forsee changing it other then replacement bearings now and then for the next 15-20 years, or once the standards change.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
A lot ppl complained about them. Not me, coz I am light. And I lost them with the rest of the bike after one season of use.
However, these, presented at Taipei Show are not 83mm, include bash and chainring, which does not looks light, but doesn't include BB set.
Truvativ X0 DH with 38t chainring and e13 Turbocharger bash weight about 700g.
Concerning changing crankset... You and many of us will most probably by very tempted by next generation of Saint grouset ;)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
aluminum glites didn't work out so well on my bike, but I anticipate that the carbon will be stronger. That said, I'm pretty happy with my current saint setup, and don't forsee changing it other then replacement bearings now and then for the next 15-20 years, or once the standards change.
They went with a better alu with their current alu glight model and they are fine.