Quantcast

2014 Downhill Forks?

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
I know there is a lot of new players in the downhill fork market. DVO, xfusion etc.. but I'm thinking realistically whats available now....
I was thinking of a Marzocchi fork... they 2013 versions seemed pretty well received?, so Im thinking the 2014 will be solid.
I can get a bos at a decent price, and I like what I hear about them staying high in their travel, but I dunno about air, I like the simplicity of pulling out a coil fork and riding it , and not having to test for pressure etc..

Last edited:

Tomasz

Monkey
Jul 18, 2012
Whistla
If you don't like air, then your options will be limited.

But you're best off waiting and seeing. We've no idea how the forks will stack up against one another.

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
Im pretty sure at Interbike Rockshox will release the full 2014 range. There website does not show it yet but I a bike shop yesterday and they have the Pike, Sid and Revalation with the all black stanchions.

I was curious to see none blackbox riders on the blackbox forks at the worlds when usually you only make the blackbox programme if you podium, my initial thought was maybe Rockshox are giving there riders something special worlds.

After seeing images from norway this weekend it seems like most RS riders are now riding black stanchion boxxers Joe Smith is running 30 on his shirt and he is on them. If the pike is anything to go by then the new boxxer will be killer.

86.jpg184.jpg

Last edited:

Tomasz

Monkey
Jul 18, 2012
Whistla
The 2014 Pike w/black stanchions is already becoming common in North America (I've got it on my AM bike). Am becoming a bit worried that we haven't seen the 2014 Boxxer yet, am concerned that they've pushed it off to 2015 or something. Hopefully you're right, though, and they'll let it out at Interbike - all rumors certainly are that RS will indeed release the Charger Boxxer in 2014.

They've certainly kept a tight lid on it, though.

Have seen some SRAM folks on black stanchioned Boxxers in the park, FWIW, but it's what's inside that counts...

Performance of the Pike is pretty obscene, if anyone's wondering. Never ridden an AM fork like it.

Last edited:

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Performance of the Pike is pretty obscene, if anyone's wondering. Never ridden an AM fork like it.
That is what I like to hear! I have a new AM rig coming in that comes with the Pike.

As far as DH forks go...There is going to be a lot to choose from. Seems like more and more are going to air. I really enjoy my Dorado which shows that air forks are working their way on top.

I dont think you can go wrong with a Marz fork. I know several guys running them and they really like them.

-Brett

Foxbat

Chimp
Aug 14, 2008
Portland OR
I know there is a lot of new players in the downhill fork market. DVO, xfusion etc.. but I'm thinking realistically whats available now....
I was thinking of a Marzocchi fork... they 2013 versions seemed pretty well received?, so Im thinking the 2014 will be solid.
I can get a bos at a decent price, and I like what I hear about them staying high in their travel, but I dunno about air, I like the simplicity of pulling out a coil fork and riding it , and not having to test for pressure etc..
I'm excited to see what 2014 holds as well. It seems like for the longest time Rock Shox and Fox have been entirely dominant on the market. If you want something now and not the two incumbents, my vote is for the Dorado. Plush, lightweight, and quite precise. I wrote it off at first too due to it being air sprung but the long term reviews have shown it to be very reliable. Excellent support from Hayes too.