Quantcast

2015 Fox 40 RC2 FIT. Who's the most knowledgeable on here?

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
That's the side I'm having an issue with. In a nutshell, I'm not getting all my travel and it's like there's negative pressure pulling the stanchion into the lowers.

Fwiw, I've replaced the wipers annually (some years more) and haven't experienced this before.

Last edited:

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
So the fork will no longer extend to full travel with 203mm of stanchion showing when you run it at the pressure you normally would?

If that's correct, can you get it to extend out to full travel by running higher pressure? If the answer is yes, I would have a look at that coil-negative assembly as they are a known failure point.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
So the fork will no longer extend to full travel with 203mm of stanchion showing when you run it at the pressure you normally would?

If that's correct, can you get it to extend out to full travel by running higher pressure? If the answer is yes, I would have a look at that coil-negative assembly as they are a known failure point.
Thanks. I'll take some pics in the next week or so and see what I can come up with.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007

What specifically fails on the negative spring? The spring itself or should I be looking for a leaking seal or something? Thanks

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
My guess would be one of the coil springs has either cracked or pushed through it's perch or something like that. If the air seal on those leak, you know about it. On that note you will need to be very careful when reinstalling that air piston if you do remove it as it's very easy to cut it on the lip at the end of the stanchion. The fox reverse-bullet tool thing (PN 398-00-579) is highly recommended but you can achieve a satisfactory outcome with a trimmed beer can as well.