Quantcast

2016/2017 WC off-season thread

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
go crazy kids. post anything related to bikes...
here is my current rear tire and both sides of my right pedal.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
-Man I can't wait for the next EWS round!*

-I'm dying to see what new and exciting standards the bike industry (okay, just sram) comes up with to improve bike riding*

-I sure wish I had a fat bike for all this snow*

-Thank god the WC season is over, it kind of drags on with that many races.*

*Things I will not be saying.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
-Man I can't wait for the next EWS round!*

-I'm dying to see what new and exciting standards the bike industry (okay, just sram) comes up with to improve bike riding*

-I sure wish I had a fat bike for all this snow*

-Thank god the WC season is over, it kind of drags on with that many races.*

*Things I will not be saying.
1. Can't wait, where is the next EWS at anyway? (said no one ever)
2. I love new standards! Yay!
3. Ugh, reminds me I need to put mine back together soon as the snow riding season isn't too far off :(
4. I hate the WC Season, it's just too much fun for me to handle.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Man fuck that thing. They talk about protection and then babble about it in the context of the sole and the heel. I'm pretty good but I don't haul ass through rocks and roots backwards or upside down (well, not on purpose).

That's a cycling slipper, not a mountainbike shoe.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
mines in southern germany while i live in flat ass berlin. i get my kicks these days by delivering food by bike in the crazy berlin traffic
Berlin is awesome though. Love the city. Btw. Is there any reason to go with an MTB bike to mellow park?

I did get some riding. The problem is it was 3 days of riding like a giant vagina on a dh bike and then 5 days on Bali which was an awesome adventure even if hiking 700m vert at 4am on a narrow path in 2h is probably the dumbest way to get into bulimia I ever tried.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Berlin is awesome though. Love the city. Btw. Is there any reason to go with an MTB bike to mellow park?

I did get some riding. The problem is it was 3 days of riding like a giant vagina on a dh bike and then 5 days on Bali which was an awesome adventure even if hiking 700m vert at 4am on a narrow path in 2h is probably the dumbest way to get into bulimia I ever tried.
mellowpark is more for the bmx/dirtjump crowd. anything with travel will ride either the mueggelberge "downhill" (80 m of elevation) or one of the short trails down teufelsberg (not much elevation either). the woods here are littered with trails though, but they should be ridden with hardtails/cyclocross bikes if you want any challenge

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
mellowpark is more for the bmx/dirtjump crowd. anything with travel will ride either the mueggelberge "downhill" (80 m of elevation) or one of the short trails down teufelsberg (not much elevation either). the woods here are littered with trails though, but they should be ridden with hardtails/cyclocross bikes if you want any challenge
Yeah but a dirt jump bike is still a ton of fun. I was just wondering if it was all bmx racing and skateparks or is there some dirt and pumptrack.

For downhill I know the feeling as I have been living in Warsaw most of my life. It's an even longer trip to the hills. On the bright side you can travel to the polish resorts from Berlin ;)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
they are mostly catering to the bmx crowd, but there are 3 jump lines and a pumptrack, besides that lots of halfpipes/bowls/skatepark style stuff and the big bmx race track
I really want to visit but I suck at skateparks even more than i suck at dirt jumps so that is why I was asking.