Quantcast

2017 Crankworx series only 2 races less than the World Cup

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
so, is crankworx gonna be what DH1 could have been? I am not knowing how will the UCI react? Like they react to everything else, no reaction . and most importantly: will we have better live coverage on these races? I am hoping yes.
The only thing that I hope doesn't begin to happen is the saturation of races and lower turnout etc. That sorta has happened on the east coast this year, between the beech mountain series, the bryce series, the snowshoe series, the GES series, the ESC series and the pro grt races the schedule has been awesome for having a ton of races to check out, but it looks like the turnouts have been lower, which I think is going to cause promotors to take a step back next year....

I would hate to see half the top dogs focus on World cup, and the other half focus on crankworx.....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
crankworx seems to have their format down - from the events, to coverage, etc, much better than the UCI. if the payout is better, and they build out their schedule more, it could certainly overtake the world cup circuit in terms of popularity. the one thing that will help this is better payouts. if the purse is better than what the UCI offers, then world cups will die. if anything that would probably be doing the UCI a favor.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The only thing that I hope doesn't begin to happen is the saturation of races and lower turnout etc. That sorta has happened on the east coast this year, between the beech mountain series, the bryce series, the snowshoe series, the GES series, the ESC series and the pro grt races the schedule has been awesome for having a ton of races to check out, but it looks like the turnouts have been lower, which I think is going to cause promotors to take a step back next year....

I would hate to see half the top dogs focus on World cup, and the other half focus on crankworx.....
If it's only a transitional period I'm fine with it. Just build decent tracks and cut out the UCI douchebags.