Quantcast

2023 Les Gets World Cup for Toodles

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Oh no!
Fucksakes Erice, you're only just back from injury.:(

I wonder if the compressed practice time is leading to riders pushing harder and earlier than they should when learning the new course?
Elite riders only getting 3 practice runs is stupid!

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Remember Chris Ball going on about all that data they said they had about rider injuries and time on track? How's that working out?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
They caught it on this vid too. (13:52 if you're morbidly interested).

Looks like a really tricky entrance. I'm a little underwhelmed they didn't mention her status at all in the vid...

Also, Kade must be made of steel.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
After watching the VitalMTB Raw on Lets Gets...

I think it was Wyn who was asking if you preferred wide open to trees.

My answer is if I'm racing? Wide open. If I'm looking for fun? Trees.

The two mess with my ability to cope with my risk/survival neuro brain baloney.

I can always hang it out in the open. In the trees. Eff me, I'm on the brakes. But I'm crazy and have ptsd and stuff :D

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Trees have always given me way more feedback on speed. Not to mention sight points for turning/braking points.
When forested hills here are felled often the tracks remain in tact and I've genuinely struggled on some tracks to ride as fast once the trees are gone.
My eyesight is shocking now and dappled light in the trees has become one of my worst enemies.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'm with Gary on this. You get more reference points so it's easier to orient yourself.

Also doesn't your brain mess up your balance if you have too much space around you and that's why drops in the open seem more scary than drops in the forrest?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Looks like Pinky is on form and starting to separate himself from the rest of the faster juniors.

Sick Junior race. Holy moondust

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Still some riders to go, but I think the top few are set. Nice to see some spread on the times...

1694179000056.png

Also Ben Cathro is on the start list again.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I just watched the jr men's race. Nice showing from the North American boys.... the French must be a little choked to not have anyone on the podium...

I really hope they have more cameras in the woods for the Sr races. Sure, wide-open piste and berms are fast, but goddam is it ever boooooring to watch. All the action happens in the woods. Would be nice to see more of that.

Also, while I think the follow-cam drone footage in the woods is super cool, it's also hard to compare riders' lines through those sections... Fixed cameras would be better (and have better resolution.) And lastly, that drone footage of the steep section (where Erice crashed) is actually pretty amazing to show how steep that section is. It almost reminded me of some of the sand pit surfing photos from back in the Kamloops Tippie/Wade/curly-haired dude days...

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Biggest news for me was Ric throwing a sickie for JNR commentary... Josh Carlson did a decent job standing in but hoping these clowns have the foresight to line up someone better for finals....
ermm... I mean... get well soon Ric :doh:

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Looks like Pinky is on form and starting to separate himself from the rest of the faster juniors.

Sick Junior race. Holy moondust
If the rumors of GT getting out of racing are true, which seems odd since they are rolling right now with him, Craik and the new bike, I’d bet Specialized or Trek will scoop him up. If they haven’t already.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Millie's 4th split holding up against everyone so far.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
@Avy get up! and get this on! Hatton commentating.
(under the radar, like his Champs run)

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Jordi - "leave your adjusters alone"
Theo - Bucked likamuthafucka

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
DROP Semi
DROP protected riders
GO from Quali to a 50 rider Final with No protection
INTRODUCE MOAR ROUNDS -Venues in S.America, Asia, Africa, Australasia EVERY year

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Is that light on Bruni's bike letting him know when he's ahead at splits? Or is it connected to the suspension (motor)?