Quantcast

2023 Loudenvielle World Cup

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
This may be the best race in years if it rains? Come on Danny!!
was thinking who this track suits most... seems like it was tailor-made for Amaury. But in his absence, who're the best steep and mud riders out there? Daprela? Hart? (Bernie) Kerr? Goldstone?

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
was thinking who this track suits most... seems like it was tailor-made for Amaury. But in his absence, who're the best steep and mud riders out there? Daprela? Hart? (Bernie) Kerr? Goldstone?
Seems like a wildcard weekend, should be exciting, Ronan Dunne seems like a threat in the wet, kid isn't scared to send it and hope for the best. Probably gonna need to be a high risk run to win on that track in the wet? Looked like guys were having unusual issues staying on the track in the dry.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Solid list..Maybe Finn? How's Coulanges in the mud?
My hunch is the Canadians dont get to ride tracks this steep all that often. But maybe the Sea to Sky kids have their secret stashes...

Saw Coulanges in one of the Raw edits. He seemed quick, calm and in control in the steeps. Could be a podium contender for sure.

Andy Kolb was saying he liked the track, and that steep trails like this are his forte... Another contender?!

Is Reece back to racing yet?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Apparently it's not even raining at the moment. Just muddy from overnight rain.

Some of the most iconic races I remember were mudders with clogged tires, fenders, and riders sliding down the hill.

What a clown show this year.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Also, since when are mudders more dangerous compared to the flat out single line bike park courses?

Never forget....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Pov from practice, before getting canceled :confused::confused::confused::confused:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Also, since when are mudders more dangerous compared to the flat out single line bike park courses?

Never forget....
If we were to be anal it probably depends on the bike park course and how steep is the mudder. OG champery before the track was remodeled with added berms had a fair share of big crashes. Still riders should be consulted. This thing called a union might have helped.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Whatever happened to that riders union?

Paid off the instigators with a big bag of Warner Bros ca$h?
I don't think we need conspiracies here. It's hard AF to organize unions even in places where the work conditions are shit. So why would we be surprised it would happen on it's own here?

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Absolute death blow of a year for the uci.
With how much it costs to send a team (or even a single rider) to these races I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see a huge drop off in race budgets and support next year.

If your rider isn’t consistently in top 30, and/or has a popular trackside interview series what kind of coverage are you even getting?

For the cost of a race season a team can send a rider and video team to any number of locations where the trip can be optimised for “content creation” without the risk of rain or a mechanical ruining the whole week. DH is dead, long live the return of Freeride.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Absolute death blow of a year for the uci.
With how much it costs to send a team (or even a single rider) to these races I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see a huge drop off in race budgets and support next year.

If your rider isn’t consistently in top 30, and/or has a popular trackside interview series what kind of coverage are you even getting?

For the cost of a race season a team can send a rider and video team to any number of locations where the trip can be optimised for “content creation” without the risk of rain or a mechanical ruining the whole week. DH is dead, long live the return of Freeride.

Another interesting factor re. visibility is GCN/WB is creating less ancillary content vs Red Bull. Those shows did get more coverage to the riders outside of the top10. RB even sold a TON of those programmes you see on the RB TV app to other TV stations (weird anyone would buy but I know of at least one that did. Doubt they are the sole exception).

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Having seen some further clips from the event it seems like the cancellation is probably the right call - but done in a really shitty way by an org that’s not doing enough to riders and teams onside.

no one wants to see a rider (especially not a jr) helicoptered out because race conditions were dangerous.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
On the (steep) ground opinions from riders, managers, mechanics, etc., about the cancelation today and a bit about the general state of the sport under the new management.

As of now, I'm not going to pay to watch next year. It has sucked all around, and there's enough ancillary content from riders, etc. I'll miss watching the races, but frankly, the coverage is lacking and boring.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
They only cancelled it because there wasn't enough laundry supplies to clean their stupid white trousers after muddy crashes.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Wouldn't be surprised if this was a reaction to one of the top riders almost dying last race during sketchy conditions.

It is my experience that under similar conditions most organizations will overreact and in a way that doesn't actually address the issues at hand.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
ESO is melting down. That Vital pod is worth a listen.
What a travesty, and all for the sake of supposed mainstream media/advertising $ that the racers won’t see.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
ESO means Excrement Scrutiny Obligatory

it’s the new governing body of DH racing, or something like that

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Looks like its going ahead... Women's semis kicking off meow. Track is one of the best I've seen in a bit.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Wouldn't be surprised if this was a reaction to one of the top riders almost dying last race during sketchy conditions.

It is my experience that under similar conditions most organizations will overreact and in a way that doesn't actually address the issues at hand.
Pardon my ignorance but who?