Quantcast

2023 MSA World Cup

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
Hopefully not another Loic/Troy show at the top. Seems like they've done that many times at MSA.

Bring the rain for the Irish squids!
yeah. hoping for a mix up (which appears to be the theme this season). bruni is a beast, but i just can't get jazzed about him taking the win. of course, crossing fingers for Canadian content, but if not, would be cool to (yet again) see some fresh talent on top the box.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Neko, 61 :disgust:

What happened to Finn? Musta ate it, hope he's good to go tomorrow.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Just came back from a quick visit and I saw A LOT of broken wheels in the pits. Many fans were walking back home with new-used tires from qualis, mostly Maxxis, probably with wobbly casings and damaged sidewalls only to be seen at home when inflating the tires on the rims with sealant and everything.

Both Finn and Loic's bike had their covers off. Finn's bike had a regular Ohlins shock like everyone saw and Loic's bike had a blacked out Makita motor on top of his regular Ohlins shock. Apparently it is used to tighten/loosen the spring collar to add or remove preload on the spring. I chatted with his mechanic and the green light on his handlebar is just the battery level indicator. I would have thought it was way more sophisticated than that, but the guy seemed like he had a few too many beers so that might be all bullshit.

Rossignol had skis on display and their newest bikes. Their bikes had a "Free/Voluntary donations" sign on them and nobody was even looking at them. Lazer was almost giving away helmets too, but I don't think I've seen anyone stop by that booth. Well in fact they hd a draw to win one, but nobody even stopped.

Some guy took a pic with Gwin and had a huge boner afterwards. I think I heard him say that his name was Avy, but it was hard to hear through all the laughter.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Mt st anne has been won by a top 5 or better guy every year for the past 10+ years. Its always a living legend on top of the box there. Its almost the anti darkhorse winner venue. Even down the podium its been all top guys every year except 2017 when the weather pushed some early guys up.
I fully expect checkers for Bruni. Mr clutch. Its just what he does.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
From Cathro's latest MSA between the tapes
"Kade Edwards - The man who got banned from doing his qualifying run due to contractual obligations"
Wut?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
The rain has started… should be good and wet come race time.
Doesn’t look like that much rain fell in the end or it didn’t reach the mountain. Anyone on site yet?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
forgot this wasn't finals for a minute and just thought to myself how mental it would be if Harnden were able to add a WC DH win to her roster of world elite discipline wins

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Dodgy Rog on Kenda or just 40psi?
Boy looked on the edge even in straight lines

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Someone has to get to Gwin and get him to stop using "boy" and "chick". Condescending at best, and pretty bad at worst.

Gwin is a great addition to the commentary, but he has to get the rhythm down. Ric interrupting him is because Gwin doesn't have his broadcasting cadence down. He also needs to add a little more spice so that the enthusiasm shines through.

Gracia is on the other end of the spectrum, all excitement and absolutely no content.

If Reece Wilson never races again, he was great at commentating a couple of years back in his first of his three or four annual injury sabbaticals.

Last edited: