Quantcast

2023 MSA World Cup

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
There's no way that green light/button is just a battery indicator. Based on shots from a couple of years ago on the old bike, there's some hardware beyond just a battery that was (still is?) stuffed behind the number plate.

My full on conspiracy theory is that the light button is an override should it be needed, and the damping (and perhaps preload, based on the post above) is automatically adjusting down the course based on telemetry collected in practice. If he's off pace, falls, or some other incident occurs, he has to smash that button to get settings to disengage the 'puters.

Bruni rides way over the back, except when he's sprinting with those tree trunks he calls legs. More than others, he'd need a way to quickly have former settings for pedaling and for the few sections of track where he shifts his weight forward.

The reveal of the suspension and the removal of the hood makes me wonder if the team's hand was forced by rumors of what's under there. Presumably, the UCI is inspecting these bikes?

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
more like damage control after vital sneaked that shot. why else would pinkbike get a statement?
Yeah, "spy shots" with the bike propped up and everything.

I guess any hope that you were LARPing a dullard is out the window.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Vali silencing the haters.

Gwin really needs to be using the term "women" instead of "girls" and "chicks".

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Someone has to get to Gwin and get him to stop using "boy" and "chick". Condescending at best, and pretty bad at worst.

Gwin is a great addition to the commentary, but he has to get the rhythm down. Ric interrupting him is because Gwin doesn't have his broadcasting cadence down. He also needs to add a little more spice so that the enthusiasm shines through.

Gracia is on the other end of the spectrum, all excitement and absolutely no content.

If Reece Wilson never races again, he was great at commentating a couple of years back in his first of his three or four annual injury sabbaticals.
The wife isn't even watching, but she can hear and she's like 'who is the Californian talking?' HAHA

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
wow. what a great watch. you asshats need to stop bickering like children. props to craik, dak, kerr, bruni and most of all the kid with the ridiculous skills, lines, ability to float, endurance, and, you could tell from watching, a passion for riding and having fun while going fast, GOLDSTONE.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Beyond the obvious, with Rude in 17th and having that custom one off bike (or I mean really...there must be more...), I really hope he does more races. Come retire to DH man.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Beyond the obvious, with Rude in 17th and having that custom one off bike (or I mean really...there must be more...), I really hope he does more races. Come retire to DH man.
I feel like he'll do pretty well with the whole semi-final business, coming from EWS and having to manage to put down consistent results more than 1 & done. I doubt he'll outright win many or any, but I'm sure he'd be in top 10 consistently and a few podiums.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
can't remember which thread it was in, but the new maxxis tire..... mudslayer not the official name. AND a new casing coming. confirmed by jesse M on vital.
I mean Mud is Mud. They have the best possible option to them,the elite. The rest do the best they can if there is no sponsor. But that category of ”tire” sponsor seems tobe quite generous to me on the non-elite? That is a question,as I have no idea? Are they payin top dollar?

This is an update: I started, and then deleted,as I had question Only you Monkeys could answer,but then I deleted that. It was a PSI and mud tire question.

Now that it is over,umm. This season has been very difficult for All,worse for the non elite. It has taught us a lot. One matter is to me how it has brought the scale to even out. I am not sure why yet,but I have to say I like it as a Fan. That does not mean this Fucked up Format is OK. Cause it’s not,but Dam,what a season? Watching the Lads bomb the hill,there is no way in Hell you can tell me it is a good idea to have this semi and final in one day? It is much to dangerous and they are doing it for the money. The Young guns are doing very well and I am happy for them. I don’t have an answer to this problem?

Last,I was hoping Fin could pull it off,poor little sausage.

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Anybody else watching this XC running race? OMG! Of those who aren't just pushing their bikes many are descending at pedestrian (and lower) pace.
[edit] U23 W so maybe I'm being a bit harsh on 'em but it's pretty dismal to watch.

Last edited:

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
The DH race was wild yesterday. The dirt was as good as it gets, the rocks were slippery and the colors were beautiful.

I was there in person and I also watched the replay in the evening. I think this was probably the best race of the season and certainly another MSA edition that will be remembered for a while.