Quantcast

2023 Snowshoe WC

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Man, if I didn't know who Missy was, I'd be calling security if I overheard her talking in the race pits.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Man, if I didn't know who Missy was, I'd be calling security if I overheard her talking in the race pits.
hahaha...she's quite a character. lives up there at least some of the time now i think. when we ran into her a year or two ago her girlfriend was on the medic team...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
hahaha...she's quite a character. lives up there at least some of the time now i think. when we ran into her a year or two ago her girlfriend was on the medic team...
hearing her pick riders on the Vital Tech video, I almost think she'd do well as the commentator instead of her old team mate... Like Warner, she'd need a bit of polishing, but I feel she could grow into it...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
hearing her pick riders on the Vital Tech video, I almost think she'd do well as the commentator instead of her old team mate... Like Warner, she'd need a bit of polishing, but I feel she could grow into it...
she needs to stop saying "like" so much. if she could do that we might have a winner

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Cool to see Missy so into the sport, Nostalgic seeing her back on a Cannondale 30 years later. What a boss

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Looking like Erice is once again on form to take the junior womens win..... 14 seconds clear of 2nd place in the quallies!
Did Sacha puncture or crash? She's usually up there as well. 14 seconds is yuuuuuge

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
She would fit in well on 3rd Ave in downtown Seattle.
Missy is an mtb treasure but she sounds pretty wack'd out in that video. I run into her all the time in the lift line down there, she is always super nice, don't want to be totally negative.

Last edited:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Did Sacha puncture or crash? She's usually up there as well. 14 seconds is yuuuuuge
Not sure? Must be something like that though, cause Sacha's super quick as well.
LOL that quallie time would have been 3rd in the elite womens timed training..... By the time she gets old enough to race elite she's gonna rip the field apart at this rate!

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
So she was fastest in sector 1, then sector 2 was 12 seconds back, and just kept losing seconds every sector after (but improved to sub 10 second defficit in the last 2 sectors)?
So yeah not a crash but a flat or mechanical.
Def still a threat for the top step of the podium then.

Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 11.46.54 AM.png

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
They all have nicknames for each other. C'mon. SO CUTE.

Hope to get to another WCDH in my rapidly dwindling lifetime. Made all the Windham events and had such a blast

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Can someone explain the "gary" thing? Seems like both Wyn and Jack (aka Kevin, not sure what that was about either) are all about GARY!
I'm assuming it's the Aussie version of calling gapers (the guys with a 1" goggle gap between their helmet and goggles, sometimes with goggles upside down) on the ski hill Jerry. There was a Twitter account called Jerry of the Day that I used to follow who posted photos of notable Jerrys.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They all have nicknames for each other. C'mon. SO CUTE.

Hope to get to another WCDH in my rapidly dwindling lifetime. Made all the Windham events and had such a blast
if snowshoe is on the calendar next year i should be able to make it. come to philly and we'll head down.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Yeah, we all missed it this year due to burning our freedoms on our Canuckian safari. I'd be down to go back although my inlaws live about 1.5 hrs from MSA so I may target that next...

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Just a reminder for folks planning on heading over:

If you or your people aren’t Appalachian, dressing up in overalls, a straw hat and fake(bad) teeth is definitely less cool than dressing up like a Smurf in Europe.
Your american flag isn’t ever going to be large enough to cover up for the fact that you don’t get 4 weeks paid vacation or healthcare, either.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah, we all missed it this year due to burning our freedoms on our Canuckian safari. I'd be down to go back although my inlaws live about 1.5 hrs from MSA so I may target that next...
If this is the schedule next year, assuming MSA is one of those at the end, you could work Bromont into that trip.

Would be sweet. I'd definitely try to join in at Bromont...

Do we know what the third race outside of Europe is?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If this is the schedule next year, assuming MSA is one of those at the end, you could work Bromont into that trip.

Would be sweet. I'd definitely try to join in at Bromont...

Do we know what the third race outside of Europe is?
could be whistler. they already built and raced a WC level track, and have publicly expressed interest in hosting one

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
could be whistler. they already built and raced a WC level track, and have publicly expressed interest in hosting one
Could be. That'd be a hectic schedule with racing going from Friday to Sunday with the new schedule.

Those teams better hope there are no flight delays or luggage trouble..

Some rando in the comments also said Sugarloaf..

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
not the first time i've heard that rumor. however i'd say whistler probably has more of their ducks in a row between infrastructure and a track.
Although perhaps coincidentally, Sugarloaf has a new DH lift service area on their grand future scheduled to be done next summer, could be a nice way to kick things off?

New lift, new infrastructure, new trails...

I read the new winter skiing areas are set to open this winter, so things are there and moving.

scroll down to 2023/2024

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
After Whistler, Steamboat, Vail, Crested Butte, Telluride, Durango. Worlds in Durango. You heard it here first :D

Edit: I have to add Snowmass/Aspen after Vail. Then there could be a "fun race" from Aspen to Crested Butte. Over that one pass. I forget what It's called. Legend has it they used to do it on bmx or cruiser bikes back in the day. I've done CB to Aspen. It was a looooong day. It is actually quite brutal but beautiful. Maroon Bells, Aspens, Lightning, hail. Ah, those were the days.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
After Whistler, Steamboat, Vail, Crested Butte, Telluride, Durango. Worlds in Durango. You heard it here first :D

Edit: I have to add Snowmass/Aspen after Vail. Then there could be a "fun race" from Aspen to Crested Butte. Over that one pass. I forget what It's called. Legend has it they used to do it on bmx or cruiser bikes back in the day. I've done CB to Aspen. It was a looooong day. It is actually quite brutal but beautiful. Maroon Bells, Aspens, Lightning, hail. Ah, those were the days.