Quantcast

24 Flu = Bad food or Virus??

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Well, it's here. Everything that I've eaten in the past 12 hours has come back to haunt me :dead:

Note to self: Never eat pad thai again :dead:

Luckly, I have had seasons 2-4 of Sex in the City to pass the time :rolleyes:

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Food poisoning suck. I remember the last time I had it, it was all projectile vomit and diarreah... :dead:

Hope you feel better soon.

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Yep, classic bacterial ingestion. Those pesky salmonella will screw up your gastrointestinal and thai food is actually quite a common home for it.
It will all be over soon. Just stay away from the bright light...

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
Snacks said:
Well, it's here. Everything that I've eaten in the past 12 hours has come back to haunt me :dead:

Note to self: Never eat pad thai again :dead:

Luckly, I have had seasons 2-4 of Sex in the City to pass the time :rolleyes:
note to snacks, never say that you are going to never eat pad thai again. Just don't eat it at the restaurant you got it from. I don't think i would be able to function correctly if i didn't have pad thai at least twice a month. Pad Thai, spicy tuna rolls, and green curry. hmmmmmmmmmm why is only taco bell open at this hour?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
pad thai rocks.

you must've gotten a bad batch.... I got food poisoning from shrimp once. yucky.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Beef Pad Thai is my favorite....though I have tried many different restaraunts in the Lynnwood/Bothel area and I have had "different" version of the same dish....WTH is it supposed to taste like anyway?

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
RhinofromWA said:
Beef Pad Thai is my favorite....though I have tried many different restaraunts in the Lynnwood/Bothel area and I have had "different" version of the same dish....WTH is it supposed to taste like anyway?
I kinda live in an asian community and even there, there are lots of restaraunts that serve the same dish different then the next.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
There is a place out here in Renton that has really good Pad Thai, and another like across the street that I swear they used ketchup in the mix...

Personally I like it best with Chicken & Shrimp, and a side of Chicken Satay and Tom Yum with shrimp in it. :drool:

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
RhinofromWA said:
That's like saying pizza should taste the same no matter where is comes frome. Every place has there own take. Jai Thai has a "Country Style" Phud Thai that is really yummy.

I just saw snacks leave work at 3:40. That must be her excuse.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
buildyourown said:
That's like saying pizza should taste the same no matter where is comes frome. Every place has there own take. Jai Thai has a "Country Style" Phud Thai that is really yummy.

I just saw snacks leave work at 3:40. That must be her excuse.
True but I atleast expect all the pizzas to have bread chease and a sauce....levels are different...tbut the blocks are there.

I have had beef pad thai where it looked to be beef and noodles...and um a liquid like water and grease....yucks. Most of the stuff I liked came orangish had some flavor (eggs and tofu chunks are nice additions) sprouts, penuts a little wedge of lime (I almost never use) and have some moisture.....but I have had dry bland dishes they call Phad Thai....

Problem is I don't have a solid idea what it is supposed to taste like.

Damn now I am hungry

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Don't you think it's funny that a post about food poisoning makes us all hungry for Thai?
Rhino, I have a feeling that most Thai is like chinese, highly adapted for american taste buds. What I generally consider Phud Thai is long 1/8" wide rice noodles in a good red sauce. I know there is red curry and fish sauce in there, but I'm sure there are other secret ingredient. Even meat varieties usually include tofu and egg along with crushed peanuts and bean sprouts. The dish shall not be runny nor shall it be overly dry. Kinda like good fettucini, but spicy and better. May I suggest Jai Thai (fremont seams to have the best QC).

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
there are plenty of bad restaraunts of all kinds of food types.

if you want 'real' asian food, go to the asian district. good luck reading the menu and good luck communicating what you want, unless you speak chinees or mandarin or whatever. and I hope you like really weird stuff in your mouth......:D