Quantcast

24 hour race prep for virgins

R

RideMonkey

Lights are the tough part. Niterider and Light & Motion have fast charging stations set up at the race (Light & Motion is free). You should use one of these brands or you might be SOL on the lighting situation. Bring 2 batteries for each light.

Important!!
Moab is FREAKIN COLD at night!!! Bring lots of warm camping gear!! Its easy to focus on the race and forget the camping details. Bring a support person to keep a raging fire going all night if possible.

:monkey:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Normal stuff like food. See if you can get a fool( :) ) time cook and plan out the meals and when they will be prepared.
chicken
pasta
bla,bla,bla
and most important of all, sausage.
Also see if you can get some one to take care of the bikes mechanically wise.
When it get's late everyone will want to be sleeping. So devise a plan on how to get the next person in line up on time. Sign in and sign out is a good way of keeping track. The person that just came in signs the person that just left out and calculates about how long it will take for their lap. That person eat’s and get’s ready for bed, then wakes the next person up, up.
Have extra clothes, one for each lap is you can swing it. I had a "team" uniform for mine and didn’t have any extra's so I was in wet clothes pretty much the whole race.(but at 3am there's really no one around to see)
I personally had 5 gallons of water and 2 gallons of gateraid plus a thing of cytomax.
any more questions???

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
It has been free in the past. But there was some controversy as to whether NitetRider is actually going to be there for this service. My advice is to try to devise a plan to charge your own batteries. My HID went for two laps without needing charging and should have been able to go at least one more lap. Check and recheck your burn times.

R

RideMonkey

They charge. You can pay one rate for the entire team and its not that much.... but I don't recall how much it was.