Quantcast

24 inch specific frame

kajo

Chimp
Oct 8, 2004
Sweden -> malmö
I'm setting up plans for my future street/park ride right now and the best choice would be a 24 specific park/street mtb.

What are the best 24 specific frame with horizontal dropouts. The lighter the better. Sub 5.5 lb would be awsome! Price is less important as long as I find something I like.

The only ones I can come up with are dmr rythm and bmw parkbike.

Do you have any other/better ideas?

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
24's are for pussies, ride a bigbike for the wheels that allow you to travel over the rougher terrain faster and keep up speed.

Sep 29, 2004
well... this is a dj forum so chances are hes not gonna have braking bumps in the middle of a set.... furthermore the nimbleness of a 24 specific bike make it easir to negotiate bmx djs and are far mor nimble in the air (nimble nimble)..... besides i never really thought wheel size had to do with wether or nto u were a pussy, u know i figured riding style compromsied for that...

Sep 29, 2004
if u get the brooklyn park bike u will have an amazing bike

then people willb e like wow u have an amazing bike

then ull be happy knowing ur riding the cadillac of dirt jumpers

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
stick to your guns, I was considering a 24" frame for the same type, and I didn't get one, and I often regret it.

I have several favorite 24" specific frames.

1. Brooklyn park bike Its a bit expensive at $650, and might be heavier then you want.

2. Tonic Fabrications Fall Guy. Its in the $550 range, and is one hell of a bike. Its specifc, but so are your requirments. This bike is light, and looks amazing, it could be perfect for you. Check out their web page www.tonicfabracations.com (I think) or maybe www.tonicfab.com

3. ON-ONE Gimp 24. I have the 26" version, and its a great bike. Inquire at www.zedsport.com (the US distributor for ON-ONE, and Planet X bikes)

4. The Revell 250R. This bike is SICK! Its one of the nicest 24" rides I've seen, and it has a lot of options.

5. DMR Rythem This bike could be the sleeper of the group, DMR has a huge following in the UK where 24" specific bikes reign supreme in the DJ world. They are light, have great Geomatry, and are are very reasonable as well. you can probably buy one through BTI if you have a shop hook up, or try www.go-ride.com if you don't.

Hope this helps, all the bikes I've listed are amazing, and you should be able to fit your needs with one of them!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I have the Revell 250R and it is indeed very nice. You can custom order them with disk mounts or canti lugs, (or both) different length top tubes, and I think different BBs. See Greasy Comb distribution for US sales. Have a look in the pictures thing under my name to see one.

Edit: It's 'points of difference' are it has probably the steepest head angle (71 degrees) of all the 24" bikes and the potentially shortest back end. It handles real quick and manuals awesome.

Edit 2: Good list Scurban.

Edit 3: Dexter, he wants a DJ bike. Not a DH bike.

kajo

Chimp
Oct 8, 2004
Sweden -> malmö
dexter said:
24's are for pussies, ride a bigbike for the wheels that allow you to travel over the rougher terrain faster and keep up speed.

For that I've got a Santa cruz v10 2005 with 888rc and 26" wheels (mag30s) and so on. So I've got a machine for that.

But the Tonic Fabrications Fall Guy is a hell of a bike. Looks awsome from the spec on the site! Do anyone have any experiance of it?

kajo

Chimp
Oct 8, 2004
Sweden -> malmö
I've decided for the tonic one. There are more pics and comments of it at hcor.net http://www.hcor.net/postx19379-0-0.html

I'll start the project in the end of the summer after Åre Mountain Mayhem and we'll see how it goes. Don't know anything yet about avaibility and such things about this frame.

Thanks for your help guys! If any1 have anything to say about this frame or have another frame which is better according to you then I would be happy to get "convinced" about it :)

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
please pm me and tell me how it rides as soon as u get a fall guy ive been lookin at them for a while and am tryin to decide if i wanna spend that much

bwagner

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
Baltimore, Maryland
I have an almost new Revell 250R that I'll sell you for $500.00 american dollars. It needs wheels, but the rest of the bike is mint, and ready for some street riding, or dirt jumping action. It's set up with 24" parts too, a brand new Marz. DJ"street" fork designed just for 24"ers, and Primo Powerbite BMX cranks(Euro bb), pretty much all brand new BMX components, but I'm way more into trials riding forthe past year, so this bike has barely been ridden at all.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
formermtboarder said:
please pm me and tell me how it rides as soon as u get a fall guy ive been lookin at them for a while and am tryin to decide if i wanna spend that much
I've ridden a couple Fall Guys. They ride more like a 20" BMX than a mountainbike. Very nimble and flick-able, great for skateparks or street riding. They make my DK UX24 cromo singlespeed 24" feel huge.

The newer BMW Park Bikes have kinda weird geometry. Real high bottom brackets and steep head angles.

Attachments

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
the new BMW park bikes are pretty steep. I have ridden one with a 5" fork, and the H/A is around 71 degrees. The one in the picture has an 80mm fork, and the head angle looks to be around 74. crazy. Just like the fall guy is designed around a 80mm fork, the park bike is designed around a 5" fork.