Quantcast

24 or 26 inch

Heman

Chimp
Aug 5, 2011
Germany
I just started a bike build, i am using a Fireeye Bloodshot frame, and Identiti Rebate fork, I have an option of running either 24" or 26" wheels, I am about 6 feet 2 inches tall (186 cm) and i want to get some opinions.
I have been riding BMX for a few years now, and enjoy mtb and now i want to start with dirt jumping
what is it to be 24 or 26

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I just started a bike build, i am using a Fireeye Bloodshot frame, and Identiti Rebate fork, I have an option of running either 24" or 26" wheels, I am about 6 feet 2 inches tall (186 cm) and i want to get some opinions.
I have been riding BMX for a few years now, and enjoy mtb and now i want to start with dirt jumping
what is it to be 24 or 26
it's really just personal preference. although the standard these days seems to be that people run 24"s with 24"-specific frames (like the Blackmarket Contraband, Union Street Molly Maguire, etc.), rather than running 24"s on a frame designed for 26"s. i say go with 26"s.

and unless you're riding more rugged trails, but are riding bmx style dirt jumps, i suggest going with an 80mm travel fork. maybe 100mm. but not longer. (this guy's looks like 120 or 140....):

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
they don't give the bb drop in the geometry, but if the drawing is to scale I would say its 25mm. technically you could run 24s on that setup. I personally wouldn't because of how I think a 24" wheel bike should ride.

martin

Chimp
Mar 22, 2010
southern cali
Yeah, I would stick to 26 also, which is what I did for my quamen emo (which even has an interchangeable chainstay for 24" wheels). It's better to push for the geometry that the frame was intended for originally. It seems to me (sometimes) because manufacturers want to push for higher sales, they try to include the 24 market also.