Quantcast

24"rear... 26" front?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
so I have been looking for a budget dj rig for a friend who just moved into the area, and I came across a complete specialized P1 for sale, but it has a 24" rear wheel, and 26" front... on a dj rig? was there a trend I missed? admittedly I have not been into dj'ing for as long as most of you, but I don't see the benefits of this combo on a dj rig... can someone enlighten me?

here is a link to it...
http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/404041/

thanks guys!

Oh if you know of a nice used dj rig for a person on a budget shoot me a line... she is 5'8" or so and new to our crew. She was loving my TOP at Ray's a few weekends back and now she wants a HT DJ rig.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Welcome to 2004.
Would be a real good deal if it had a 26" rear wheel. Still not bad if you have a wheel you can put in there...

spec-rider88

Monkey
Oct 22, 2006
St.Leonard, MD
I knew some guys who ran a set-up like that for a while. The smaller rear wheel gives you a slacker head tube angle, so it feels more stable and tends to do better with dirt jumps. Berrelcloth used to run his P bike like that, but, as sittingduck said, it's an older trend that is rarely seen these days. The P bikes already have a really low BB height, so a 24" wheel would make it lower, which can be frustrating in a street/park situation (i.e. scraping the coping when dropping in), especially if it's for a beginner.

Seems like a good deal, BUT I also have a slightly used NS Suburban in lime green that's completely built (Has MUCH better geo than the P bike lol). Has a Marzocchi DJ3, Chris King headset, pivotal seat and post, Avid BB7 brake, and NS Aerial pedals (super low profile). Price: $500. PM me for a full spec list and pictures. Let me know!

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Seems like a good deal, BUT I also have a slightly used NS Suburban in lime green that's completely built (Has MUCH better geo than the P bike lol). Has a Marzocchi DJ3, Chris King headset, pivotal seat and post, Avid BB7 brake, and NS Aerial pedals (super low profile). Price: $500. PM me for a full spec list and pictures. Let me know!
NS is a better deal by far. The geo is much better for dirt/street/park. I never liked the p series because of the low b.b. If I were you I'd talk to Spec about his NS.. plus its cheaper.

NSBikesRider

Chimp
Mar 3, 2010
Nottingham
NS NS NS NS!!!! omg ns bikes are soooo much nicer to ride, and there made with love and care unlike the corporatate crap that other companys use :P

NSBikesRider

Chimp
Mar 3, 2010
Nottingham
NS is a better deal by far. The geo is much better for dirt/street/park. I never liked the p series because of the low b.b. If I were you I'd talk to Spec about his NS.. plus its cheaper.

i go an NS, hence my name :P

its a Holy Soot, and it sooo nice to ride, handles similar to a bmx, except more stable, and tehre well good to learn on, bcuz there dead strong and easy to throw around. :)

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
i have an ns as well but they're definitely not the only respectable company. dont get me wrong i love my bike. but im not going to recommend them to every rider. check craigslist, my area usually has a cheap ditch witch you can pick up and the that 24 is no problem or if you like the 24s just get another one. just to get by that is :thumb:

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
Rock the mullet bike

Haha....:rofl: My wife rocks the mullet bike!! She's has a small Santa Cruz Bullet with a 7" Super-T on the front. She's really small,so years ago I put a 24" Rhino Lite, 4cross on the rear to slacken the angles up abit and to increase the stand over.

She's at home right now with a broken leg from riding said bike:eek: She hucked a long,low racer double and tagged just enough to buck her and ended up fracturing the top of the Tibia @ the knee.

That picture will cheer her up fo sure:thumb:

NSBikesRider

Chimp
Mar 3, 2010
Nottingham
What is it with you and DMRs? Did a DMR molest you or something? Stick a seatpost in your heinie? Squirt chain lube on your face?
damn dmr's, its all a bit of friendly competiton, between me and a mate, he loves dmr, so i take the p1ss out if him... i dont hate them, the only thing i really like about DMR is the tyres, they make a good tyre.