Quantcast

24 vs 26

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I honestly don't ever see myself riding 26 for dirt/street/park ever again, 24" is way too nice.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Bicyclist said:
26 'cause I'm a mountain biker. Either ride a BMX or a 26 IMO.

24" because I think you should ride whatever the hell you want, and forget about trying to fit into any sort of category....IMO

trust4130

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Pennsylvania
Bicyclist said:
absolute genius, I agree 100 percent. Mountain bikes shouldn't be at the "dirt jumps". And, as for those extreme "urban assult" guys...

On second thought, they can have the "dirt jumps". People who ride trails know better.

skurfer333

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Bicyclist said:
what about if you like parts of both, but dislike parts about each as well? I think this category of riders is exactly what 24 inch wheels were designed for. I agree with scurban, people should ride what they like, not what other people are riding.

ScarredShins

Chimp
Apr 19, 2006
I just think 26 is too big for any type of bmx style dirt jumps or street riding, especially at a park. 26's have their place on most mtb's but they just dont work when you need something that is flickable and works on tight trannies. Plus trying to do clean x-ups with a 26" front wheel sucks a$$!

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
that statement above is pure bs. at our local indoor skate park in the bowl it is super super tight and i can rock it just as hard as most of the bmxer's. the only time 26 is a dissadvantae is small wall rides and thats it. one of my good riding buddies up here rides 24's and we can both hit all the exact some things except i struggle on one small wall tap/ride/whatever