Quantcast

26" rigid or 24"

tonka

Chimp
May 3, 2008
gilroyy
ok so i have a ns traffic 26" but i feel like its a little big for me.(im 5'8, 135lbs.) and i wanna switch to a rigid fork. But i was doing research and if i get a rigid fork for my 26" i wanna get new bars, stem, tires, and other ****.haha should i just buy a 24" complete and be done with it...??? of course after seeliin my current rig..

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
ok so i have a ns traffic 26" but i feel like its a little big for me.(im 5'8, 135lbs.) and i wanna switch to a rigid fork. But i was doing research and if i get a rigid fork for my 26" i wanna get new bars, stem, tires, and other ****.haha should i just buy a 24" complete and be done with it...??? of course after seeliin my current rig..
I ride a 2009 ns traffic and i was recently considering about switching to a 24" considering all i ride is street and park and im kind of a small guy so why not. i was checking out the new eastern traildigger, and i was wondering if this could be turned into a street rig wit the a mountain bike bar and stem and a few other changes??? is it more of a cruiser 24" or a dj/park/street bike??? helppppp!!

have you already tried a 20" ? if all you ride is street and park, you want rigid and economical, and you feel like you are too small for a NS Traffic... just sayin'.....
e.g. HOFFMAN, FIT, SUBROSA, DK, KINK, WE THE PEOPLE, etc.
here's a Kink:

there's also GT UF 24"

and

DMR Drone 24"

We the People Avenue 24"

tonka

Chimp
May 3, 2008
gilroyy
yaa ive ridden twentyss for about a year. and once i got on my twenty six i felt more comfortable and progressed alot faster. its just a little much to haul around for me riding street. and i thought g.t wasnt making the ruckus u.f for 2010?? i cant find an 0-9' either

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
ugh. that gt and the dmr have the most awful builds ever. disc on the front and under-the-seatstay v's on the back. really? could they get the head angle any slacker? The wtp looks all right aside from the 2 foot high bottom bracket.

what it is lately with shoddy 24/26 wannabe bmx completes?

tonka

Chimp
May 3, 2008
gilroyy
okk i gotta an odd question since were on this topic.just gonna throw it ou there... i wrok at a shop so i could get a pretty good deal on a giant method 24", so if i got tht and was to convert the br/stem setup and get a twenty six inch rigid fork would tht be a pretty cool setupp deal goin on??

ive never seen it done before

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
okk i gotta an odd question since were on this topic.just gonna throw it ou there... i wrok at a shop so i could get a pretty good deal on a giant method 24", so if i got tht and was to convert the br/stem setup and get a twenty six inch rigid fork would tht be a pretty cool setupp deal goin on??

ive never seen it done before

26" mtb rigid or 26" BMX rigid ?

A "suspension-corrected" fork means it is longer to mimic the length of a suspension fork. A "suspension-corrected" frame likewise is designed to have a taller fork.

A BMX frame is not designed to have a tall fork. If you put a tall fork on it, you are not only raising the front end, you're raising the whole bike at a slant. The bottom bracket will be higher. An suspension corrected frame keeps the bottom bracket where it's supposed to be.

Make sense ?

Why don't you just ride the Giant Method as is ???? It's a good bike. You don't need a weird mtb front end for it to be a "park bike."

Identiti Rebate Jump Forks

A Lightweight alternative to Suspension Forks, this Rigid BMX-Style Fork is Designed for MTB Riders who want BMX-Class Strength & Handling. The Clean Fork Design comes with International Standard Disc Brake Mounts and if you run V-Brakes, there is a V-Brake Adaptor as an Optional Extra. The 10mm Axle Slots accept 9mm & 10mm axles.
"A unique hardcore fork that’s compatible with pegs and a wider range of hubs than usual.”
MBUK magazine June 2006
MBUK Verdict 10/10

10mm Axle Slots for Regular 9 & 10mm Axles
Uni-Crown BMX-Style Jump Fork
Premium 4130 Cro-mo Deep Drop Steerer Crown
Fluted & Butted 31.8mm Legs - Light and Strong
Internally and Externally Machined Steerer for Maximum Strength and Minimum Weight
6mm Thick BMX-Style Dropouts, CNC Machined for weight reduction
Short Suspension-Corrected Length provides Responsive Steering
I.S. Disc Mounts
Axle-to-Crown Race: 425mm
Weight: 1.419Kg
Colour: Black Gloss

SUPERCROSS

. . .The Axle to Crown on the 26" Fork is 392mm and it works for all 26" BMX Cruisers and it has found a place in the Urban Fixed Gear Bikes as well. . . .

DK RT Race Pro 24 Fork
Product Information

100% heat treated chromoly race for with triple butted 1 1/8 inch steer tube. Butted and tapered legs. 3/16 inch thick drop outs. Arguably one of the lightest yet durable chromoly race forks ever made. Amazing value for the price.

Pro 24" Fork

Product Weight: 29oz

Price: $99.95

Last edited: