Quantcast

299.99 Special.....

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
The only thing i dislike from this bike is the seat tube angle, i would rather it closer to the rear wheel, hence the reason i moved the seat back (kinda looks funny)....

All the Parts from my MOB went onto the YETI! The gearing i' running is 34/15, it's awesome for commuting, went on a 3 hour ride today and it felt amazing... great bike to roll around, so some jumps and commute.....

I was having Chain Skippish problems, but i fixed by getting a new SingleSpeed Chain... :-)

2009 Yeti Frame (Short 21' top tube)
2008 Marz 4X World Cup
SAINT Crank & Bottome Bracket
Juicey 3.5 Brake
WTB Wheelset with Rhyno Lyte Rims (Spray Painted Black)
RaceFace Stem/Deity Bars
Easten Carbon Seat/WTB Saddle
MicroKnobbies Tires

Last edited:

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
i like it alot, are them tyres any good???
The MicroKnobbies are AWESOME, but are not that great on wet, soft soil... as the dirt will packup between the knobbies... but on any other terrain is CRAZY tacky and rolls very very fast!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
whats up with the dropouts? It looks like theyre removable, which would lend me to think that you can swap in horizontal dropouts... then you could get rid of that tensioner.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
whats up with the dropouts? It looks like theyre removable, which would lend me to think that you can swap in horizontal dropouts... then you could get rid of that tensioner.
yeap, i emailed Yeti to find out..... it would be awesome with Hori dropouts...

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Just did a google search and found nothing, seems like a lot of guy are asking the same question.... How much would it cost to get them done at a shop?

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
more expensive than just using the perfectly good MOB frame you have. get that thing built up again!

spec-rider88

Monkey
Oct 22, 2006
St.Leonard, MD
Not sure how anyone could realistically compare two DJ bikes on their commuting ability, but maybe I'm missing something. Get that Mob rollin again! You could have probably bought a commuter bike for close to that price. I dunno how far your commute is, but I did the same for a while (on my dj bike) and it got old, quick

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Jeez since when is everybody concerned with how many bikes the guy has? I think the bike looks sick! I am diggin the drivetrain setup.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
When i say it pedals better i meant that i can actually sit down and pedal with my bike without having to alter saddle height... with the MOB my knees would be all in my chest when trying to pedal....

the seat tube angle on the Yeti allows me to sit down and pedal for a few blocks without have to stand up or alter my saddle height....

Both bikes are great... not comparing both of them at all.... The Yeti will stay built... :-)

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
your using a bike for something completely different than what its for of course itll suck to sit and pedal, since when do you race 4x or hit jumps sitting down?? and dude im 6'1" and can pedal my riot around sitting down just fine without feeling cramped, even pop wheelies.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
your using a bike for something completely different than what its for of course itll suck to sit and pedal, since when do you race 4x or hit jumps sitting down?? and dude im 6'1" and can pedal my riot around sitting down just fine without feeling cramped, even pop wheelies.
At this point it doesn't matter... i like the way the Yeti feels.... have not tested it on DJ's or pump track just yet, but I'm willing to bet it will be fine....

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
once the price hits 600 hundo again, that frame will be sold faster than you can buy another hardtail hahaha :D its a nice looking frame fwiw

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I think I remember seeing a photo of Alex from BCD's Yeti with the existing dropouts machined horizontal. There was not much adjustment but enough to tension a halflink chain. Dremel that thing!

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
No worries, the DMR tensioner is working perfectly fine.... have to run a MNC chain though (singlespeed) but works great!

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
The more I see it, the more I like it. If it were mine, I'd just build up a 6sp profile/p-lite wheel and call it a day... But if it works ss, then rock it.