Quantcast

3 Minute Gaps is on iTunes

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I never heard much about this video. Is it the same fashion as all his others, or is there less voiceover and talking?

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
It has just as much talking, if not more. Same stuff, just different year. Actually, there are a few nice shots. But they are too few and far between.

Funny, I showed a friend 3MG and then the Freecaster 2010 DVD. He actually figured out more of what went on during that year in the "racer movie" (Freecaster) vs. the "documentary".

Speaking of Freecaster, Rankin's video is due out this month. This teaser is a lot longer than the one they had out before Worlds when you could pre-order. Looks pretty sweet...

Freecaster 2011 DVD Mid-Season Trailer by Alex Rankin - Mountain Bike Videos - Extreme.com by Freecaster.tv - Where the world is watching action sports LIVE@@AMEPARAM@@value="id=dj0xMDE3MTYxJmM9MTAwMDAwNg&@@AMEPARAM@@dj0xMDE3MTYxJmM9MTAwMDAwNg

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
Same style, slightly different theme.

I loved it. It's a lot easier to watch and follow if you already know a bit of what's going on and follow the world cup.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
no hard copies with their videos. only transfer to a iphone/ipod
Nope. You can make a DVD.

Step 1) Download file
Step 2) Use Handbrake/VLC to strip off copyright protection and convert to .mp4 or .avi
Step 3) Import into iMovie or windows equivalent
Step 4) Burn DVD

The file is even smaller too. I can usually fit 3 mountain bike movies that I got from iTunes onto 1 DVD-R for backup. I have a backup drive; but its always nice to have hard copies of stuff you paid for. Will be downloading this tonight!

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
I never heard much about this video. Is it the same fashion as all his others, or is there less voiceover and talking?
It was interesting in the documentary sense, and well shot, but after following the World Cup pretty closely it doesn't really reveal anything new or overly insightful. And it didn't really psyche me up to ride, which was disappointing.

Bottom line: I cancelled my order for a Blue-Ray after I watched a friend's copy on DVD (which was released first). I wonder how many others did the same?

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Ya 3MG was definitely one of Clay's weaker movies. Strange considering it took forever to make. I'm kind of partial to the old school style of movies though.

trap121

Monkey
May 26, 2011
Holy **** Sam Hill got fat between 2009 and 2010!

Yeah, entertaining but nothing ground breaking.
I agree, I have it on blue ray, the description made it sound much better that it is. Not saying its bad, but it could of been a lot better

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Yeah, I couldn't believe they found music that bad...
Blinkis part and all the riding of Fairclough was sick though.

But man , I hated the soundtrack:disgust1:

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
I only remember Rob Zombie - in Sam HIll's section, which was bloody awesome.
So sick of pussypopvaginawarble in all the vids these days.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I only remember that the WC "footage" he had in it seemed to be of 1-2 riders riding through the finish line. disappointing

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
what would filming restrictions at worlds have to do with the entire WC season? every single race followed a "92% talking, 3% riding through the finish line, 5% somebody random riding for one corner" I know worlds was a different story, and I wasn't too fussed that we only got to see an interview with hill, but I definitely wont buy another porter movie without seeing it first.

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW
what would filming restrictions at worlds have to do with the entire WC season? every single race followed a "92% talking, 3% riding through the finish line, 5% somebody random riding for one corner" I know worlds was a different story, and I wasn't too fussed that we only got to see an interview with hill, but I definitely wont buy another porter movie without seeing it first.
My mistake. I thought the "WC" in your post was an abbreviation for World Champs. I recently watched the movie and was bummed at the lack of footage from Mont Sainte Anne.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
i finally got to watch this. from the description i was expecting full race coverage from 2009 and 2010, not a few minutes about the 2009 overall then minor coverage of the 2010 season.

i've enjoyed clay's vids for the most part but to see this as the result of 2 years of filming 16 races left me very underwhelmed.