Quantcast

$300+ to the Fastest Rider @ the CHDH!

ride23

Chimp
Apr 5, 2004
Yo! What up!

We've added another award to the 2006 Corral Hollow Downhill Race. $300 (and still growing) to the fastest rider down the course regardless of class. You can add to the pot at the time you register.

So far there are 43 registered racers. Online registration is at Bikereg.com

http://www.bikereg.com/events/Default.asp?et=3&rg=6

We have about 23 sponsors and are working on more which would make the raffle pretty fat!

For more info, check out the CHDH homepage.

http://www.ridesfo.com/servlet/Page?template=chdh

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
GiantRider said:
Cool, i could use some extra cash! Ha ha j/k. Does anyone know the date of the GGG this year? This would make a nice addition to the Sea Otter and GGG for me.
The CHDH is the GGG.

Team Wrong Way quit and RideSFO picked up the torch.. and renamed it CHDH. Same race, same place, new name.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Woot woot.

I'm down for this year.

Since I've never really raced MTB....EVER, what class should I register under? I'm 17 and I think I'm okay.

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
chicodude said:
Woot woot.

I'm down for this year.

Since I've never really raced MTB....EVER, what class should I register under? I'm 17 and I think I'm okay.
You'll probably want to be in the lowest class for your age that there is if it is your first race. I started in beginner and I was consistently losing for a while, I think my luck is starting to turn around. It really takes a bit to get used to racing.
Good luck. I will probably see you there.

ride23

Chimp
Apr 5, 2004
BIGHIT8989 said:
Thought it had somthing to do with OLN sayin they couldn;t us "gravity Games" ???
That's also a reason why we changed the name and we wanted to name the race based on the surrounding area.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
I like the new name and new look. The website is cooler too. Very cool. I'll be bringing some heads for sure-three to date, it's such s great race, no pedaling, super fast and fun as it gets. Plus you make more money here than ANY Norba or even Sea Otter, good job guys. You deserve the recognition, I hope this turns out really well for y'all. H

ride23

Chimp
Apr 5, 2004
Heath Sherratt said:
I like the new name and new look. The website is cooler too. Very cool. I'll be bringing some heads for sure-three to date, it's such s great race, no pedaling, super fast and fun as it gets. Plus you make more money here than ANY Norba or even Sea Otter, good job guys. You deserve the recognition, I hope this turns out really well for y'all. H
Thanks Heath! We trying hard to make it a great event and race. But the bottom line is timing. We have to do a great on job that. We plan on having some practice timing runs this month so we can be sure our systems works well.

ride23

Chimp
Apr 5, 2004
Thanks to West Oakland, Concrete Contractors, COUNTERFORCE!!! for pot is up to $500 !!!!

ride23

Chimp
Apr 5, 2004
v10"o-PlEaSuRe said:
i heard rumors that it was actually a radar gun at the freeway section above the G-out...guess not eh?
we were thinking about doing that but we don't have enough manpower to get it done right. maybe next year ...

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
might i suggest breakin up the fast time pot a lil more so its more like a bonus ($150)so the 1-5 pros maybe get a lil extra cash?

ride23

Chimp
Apr 5, 2004
v10"o-PlEaSuRe said:
might i suggest breakin up the fast time pot a lil more so its more like a bonus ($150)so the 1-5 pros maybe get a lil extra cash?
The folks that kicked down the $$$ want to go the fastest rider pot, so we can't touch that. We are going to a little fund raiser for the pro purse at the Hella Greasy Premier though … basically the cover charge will go to the pro purse.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
im just thinkin that if weather holds out the fastest rider down the hill will be the winner of pro..that was the only problem last year..was that jr X had blue skies and pro has rain.

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
"...no pedalling..." I beg to differ. Aint no S.O. pedalling, but if you want a good time you'd best pedal wherever you can!...especially the ridgeline and the bottom.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Beg and differ all you want you ARE riding a bike, it's all relative brutha. In my opinion, this is one of the few dh courses that is truly DH. You can probably ride the wholes course with no pedaling and still have a respectable time...that's what I mean by "no pedaling". It's no Southridge or Sea Otter. Relax, you gotta relax when your making posts.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
This is going to be awesome, but I cannot beg enough to leave out the manmade rock garden. I think most here will agree with me about that. The course is amazing but the rock garden is just retarded.

ride23

Chimp
Apr 5, 2004
black noise said:
This is going to be awesome, but I cannot beg enough to leave out the manmade rock garden. I think most here will agree with me about that. The course is amazing but the rock garden is just retarded.
Don't worry ... the manmade rock garden is OUT! There will be more berms, 5 in total now. 4 jumps. There's is a DIG day this Sat 10 AM to 3 PM meet @ pottery loop. Dig and session the course.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
amydalayna said:
is anyone here driving from the Tahoe area? I would think about going, but 3+ hours is kinda far.
If you've ever done a race at N*, come, you will be thrilled.

It's not even remotely as technical, but waaaay faster and pretty challenging to ride fast. The atmosphere is super fun, the people running it are super cool. The people watching are pretty cool. The course is really fun.

I could continue.. but, what I'm trying to say is, it's worth the drive.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
yeah. i've raced at n*.
i would like to go, but it's a long drive just for the day. i dunno. thinking about it though.
I guess it just means getting out of snow mode and fixing up my bike.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
amydalayna said:
yeah. i've raced at n*.
i would like to go, but it's a long drive just for the day. i dunno. thinking about it though.
I guess it just means getting out of snow mode and fixing up my bike.
It's fun. I've done 3 dh races in my life and that was one of them. If you're even remotely considering it, you should go.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
kidwoo said:
It's fun. I've done 3 dh races in my life and that was one of them. If you're even remotely considering it, you should go.
I am considering it.
But Ben is broken. Which means he's a bit grumpy about spending the day driving all the way out for a race and then just sitting on his ass. and i don't want to drive out there solo.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
amydalayna said:
I am considering it.
But Ben is broken. Which means he's a bit grumpy about spending the day driving all the way out for a race and then just sitting on his ass. and i don't want to drive out there solo.
That sucks. Hopefully nothing too serious. I bet you could find someone from up here or reno that's going.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
kidwoo said:
That sucks. Hopefully nothing too serious. I bet you could find someone from up here or reno that's going.
are you thinking of going? lemme know.
and if anyone from nearby is thinking of going.... drop me a message.

ben slid out at the end of a rail a week ago at kirkwood. came down and pretty much karate chopped the rail with his wrist. he's had surgery twice already... so hopefully he'll be riding in 2 months.
at least it's this winter and not last winter.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
amydalayna said:
are you thinking of going? lemme know.
and if anyone from nearby is thinking of going.... drop me a message.

ben slid out at the end of a rail a week ago at kirkwood. came down and pretty much karate chopped the rail with his wrist. he's had surgery twice already... so hopefully he'll be riding in 2 months.
at least it's this winter and not last winter.
Go! 90% of my shop is going...