Quantcast

303 RDH Year End Review

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Hey guys, I took the time to sit down and put my thoughts about my 303 to paper (blog). If you have any interest take a look, such an amazing bike, I couldn't recommend it any more!
Exposure Bikes - Yeti Review

Last edited:

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
Nice little review there mate. Any idea if they have changed much in the 2010 model. Only as ask as the 09 ones will drop abit in price, so could be worth picking one of them up.

cowman

Monkey
Oct 17, 2004
Seattle, WA
Your review makes me want to get one! Sounds like a really fun bike. I'm curious how an RC4 would match up with the suspension design, having the ability to be more progressive than the Dhx 5.0...

Last edited:

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Hey guys, I took the time to sit down and put my thoughts about my 303 to paper (blog). If you have any interest take a look, such an amazing bike, I couldn't recommend it anymore!

If you like it so much, why can't you recommend it anymore?

dagmz6s

Monkey
Jan 12, 2008
Merion, PA
Anyone have a bar height they could share on a 303R? Curious what these run at with their standard headtube design.

Thanks for the review, between this and the pinkbike review that just went up, a frame that was off my list of 3 is now back on my list of 3. decisions decisions.

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
Anyone have a bar height they could share on a 303R? Curious what these run at with their standard headtube design.

Thanks for the review, between this and the pinkbike review that just went up, a frame that was off my list of 3 is now back on my list of 3. decisions decisions.
Right now mine is at 41.25" to the center of the bar at the end cap and about 40.75 at the stem.

I have a Chris King Headset, Sunline Direct Mount, Kore Flat Bar, 7" Boxxer, and a Low crown. The crowns are dropped 3/8 to 1/2 of an inch from the top.

And it is in the 65 Headtube angle setting.

Last edited:

dagmz6s

Monkey
Jan 12, 2008
Merion, PA
Here's another question for you 303R riders, were you ever worried about cable exposure? Do you feel that the downtube routing could potentially leave you without a rear brake in the event a rock kicked up hard enough to harm the cable?

thx for the bar height btw! :)

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
I have had no issues with rock kick up. And I shuttle with my bike over the tail gate and that hasn't been an issue. In regards to the RC4 vs DHX 5.0 the RC4 is going to let the bike be much more progressive, on of the big advantages of this bike is that it has a very flat suspension curve so shock adjustments make a big change and are somewhat fool proof. The only big change for '10 is the tapered head tube.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Depends on if you like a slammed front end or not. If you are grinding your head tube for lower bar height then ya it would be worth it. If you don't really care then it's not worth the extra change for you.

dagmz6s

Monkey
Jan 12, 2008
Merion, PA
its 12mm of bar height you figure at the most, all you are losing is the bottom cup. For $2100 the frame seems like a pretty solid deal. How is Yeti's customer service if something does go wrong, anyone have experience with that?

huntandride

Chimp
Feb 16, 2009
Reno
You dont feel cramped at all? Then i should be for sure fine at 6 2 on a large. I wasnt too worried but i did notice a drop if 1" in tt length from my current bike when comparing geometry

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Toptube doesn't matter as much as reach. Two bikes could have the same TT measurement, but if one had a slacker seat tube then the other it's reach would be shorter.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Oh you will be fine on a large, the downtube is nice and long so it feels real good

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Call big tree bikes (fluidride) at 206-547-0711. Nate's bike is sitting there, and this will give Zeb something fun to do....

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
Right now mine is at 41.25" to the center of the bar at the end cap and about 40.75 at the stem.

I have a Chris King Headset, Sunline Direct Mount, Kore Flat Bar, 7" Boxxer, and a Low crown. The crowns are dropped 3/8 to 1/2 of an inch from the top.

And it is in the 65 Headtube angle setting.
is that a 5th element?