Quantcast

(319) Fontana DH race photos from 1/14/07

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Holy ugly watermark, batman :p

Nice pictures, though. But the enormous, over-the-top watermark kinda detracts from them...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Come by and introduce yourself next time! I'd like to meet more monkeez...
I bought the last 3/4 length sleeve, not sure if it was from you or not...

BTW you guys have KILLER prices on stuff at races, people should definately check out your booth.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
I bought the last 3/4 length sleeve, not sure if it was from you or not...

BTW you guys have KILLER prices on stuff at races, people should definately check out your booth.
Yeah it was the other half of Rogue... my buddy Nick. I didn't sell any of the 3/4 sleeves when I was holding down the booth. I was too busy going slow on the course...

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
Right on, how'd you end up doing?
Meh... my sluggish 3:23:51 got me an 8th in Sport Men 19-26 (and would've gotten me an 8th in the Expert class of my age group too :lighten: )

I felt fine on everything but the pedaling sections... I'm just too out of shape from not riding enough...

Yourself?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Ha, I got a 3:32. I got killed on the flats and felt good on the fast sections. I need a road bike.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
You and me both!
When the rock face goes down to the road, I could see the guy ahead of me and the guy a minute ahead, then they both pulled away on the road, then again I could see them after the last rockgarden, then again they pulled away. I seriously think I could make up 15s on fitness.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Because it's comfy and cheap.

I don't feel the need for pads at Fontucky and it was too cold for shorts. I'm not going to buy $100 moto pants to look like a racer boi.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
I hope he's at the next race... I'm gonna yell "PLAY FREEBIRD" when I go past him...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Jeans are more trendy than anything else. It just seems ridiculous and slower to wear tight jeans in a bike race.

edit--WOW its like low 60's there, thats not cold at all.
Dude, in the morning it was in the 40s and windy.

They're cheap and comfy, why the hell does it matter to you? You're going out of your way to be a dick.

elRey

Turbo Monkey
Dude, in the morning it was in the 40s and windy.

They're cheap and comfy, why the hell does it matter to you? You're going out of your way to be a dick.
I don't think I'm being a dick. Let's not resort to name-calling. There are people wearing shorts in the other pics. In a race I think jeans would probably be the most uncomfortable thing I could possibly wear. Whatev.

Mtnrider

Monkey
Jul 1, 2001
Littleton, CO
I don't think I'm being a dick. Let's not resort to name-calling. There are people wearing shorts in the other pics. In a race I think jeans would probably be the most uncomfortable thing I could possibly wear. Whatev.
I agree. But I have watched some super fast riders wear jeans on race day. Like Jon Watt for example.